Are you ready to be part of a dynamic team of dedicated professional where innovation, growth, and community impact are at the forefront. We're not just a workplace; we're a family that values creativity, dedication, and innovation and continue to be Canada’s choice for getting it JUST RIGHT!
Full-Time General Manager, BRANCH and SALES Type: Full-Time
Right Time is the leading Canadian independent heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning ("HVAC") contractor focused on the residential market. Right Time now operates out of 26 locations in Ontario, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia with over 1,400 employees, and provides preventative maintenance programs, repairs, and replacements of household HVAC units. We take pride in fostering an engaging and collaborative environment where every team member's contribution is valued. Our commitment to the community drives us to support local initiatives and initiatives that align with our values.
Role and Responsibilities:
The General Manager (GM) will provide overall strategic leadership direction relating to the branch, including sales, service and overall operations. The GM will motivate and inspire team members to realize the Company’s vision and serve as an effective role model with the Company’s CORE Values for employees, peers and stakeholders . The GM will be responsible in delivering and achieving revenue targets and will be accountable for the financial profitability of the business unit, while ensuring customer service excellence standards are achieved. Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement strategic and tactical changes to improve efficiency, reduce cost, increase sales, and ensure quality workmanship.
- Conceptualize and implement plans across all product and service offerings, to meet and exceed targets with new and existing customers.
- Develop and execute strategic plans that drive growth, profitability, and sustainability, positioning us as an industry leader.
- Monitor and report on operational activities, costs, and forecast data.
- Design processes and ways of working for our customer facing roles such as our Installers, Technicians and Home Comfort Advisors to create an excellent customer experiences.
- Monitor, maintain and control inventory levels.
- Support technical quality management in the delivery of high-quality installations and attend relevant accreditation requirements and site inspections.
- Oversee all aspects of our operations, from sales and service to installation and maintenance, ensuring seamless daily activities.
- Manage vendor relationships, enforce quality standards, and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Forecast accurate monthly and job-based project revenue and gross profit.
- Drives results and accountability across team to ensure achievement of revenue targets. Ensures achievement of both financial and operational objectives.
- Review dashboards and financial reports and take appropriate action.
- Participate in developing the yearly budget planning for assigned branch and manage to budget throughout the year.
- Meet gross margin targets; drive growth across the entire portfolio.
- Develop and manage budgets, financial forecasts, and KPIs, optimizing profitability and informed decision-making.
- Implement strategies to minimize costs while maintaining service excellence.
- Inspire and motivate the team by fostering their creativity as well as motivating them to challenge their workflows and processes and make them better every day.
- Lead and mentor our management team, fostering professional growth, talent development, and a positive workplace culture.
- Drive employee engagement and satisfaction through effective communication and recognition.
- Foster a culture of safety and integrity, teamwork, passion for selling, resilience, customer service, growth, top performance, high and initiative.
- Partner with the Central Marketing Team to develop innovative sales strategies that surpass targets, expanding our reach and influence in the market.
- Develop and maintains productive relationships with customers, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Champion marketing initiatives that elevate our brand and engage our audience.
- Ensure customers have a positive experience and monitor through Google reviews and Call Centre feedback.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive general management or sales experience within an organization that provides services to the business and consumer sectors with direct business to customer experience; preferably within the market.
- Strong financial acumen, backed by a history of successful budgeting and financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead teams, engage stakeholders, and build relationships.
- Results oriented with a strong sales acumen and robust operational knowledge.
- Proven strong leadership, training and motivation skills with a track record of successfully managing and developing high performing teams.
- Strong ability to develop new and effective relationships with internal and external contacts. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated problem solving, strategic planning, decision making and project management skills.
- Competitive salary with performance-based incentives.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and life insurance.
- Eligibility to participate in a Retirement Savings Plan.
- Professional growth opportunities in a dynamic and innovative setting.
- A close-knit, supportive work environment that values collaboration and creativity.
If you're an experienced and forward-thinking leader with a track record of strong leadership presence and a passion for delivering and executing on objectives we invite you to apply.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We look forward to welcoming a visionary General Manager to our team!
Right Time Heating and Air Conditioning is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to championing diversity in our workforce. If this sounds like your kind of job, apply today! Please let us know of any accommodations required in preparation of your visit.
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.