Position Title: Human Resources Assistant
Supervisor: Human Resources Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, Permanent
· Recruiting and Onboarding: Assisting with screening resumes with management, scheduling interviews, and conducting initial applicant assessments. You may also help with new employee orientation and onboarding processes.
· Employee Records: Maintaining and updating employee information, including personal details, attendance, and performance records. This may involve using HR software or databases.
· Benefits and Compensation: Assisting with benefits enrollment, handling inquiries about employee benefits, and ensuring accurate payroll processing.
· HR Policies and Procedures: Assisting in the communication and implementation of HR policies and procedures, ensuring that employees are aware of company guidelines.
· Training and Development: Coordinating training sessions and workshops, tracking employee training progress, and supporting employee development initiatives.
· Employee Relations: Assisting with employee inquiries, addressing concerns, and escalating issues to HR manager as needed.
· Exit Interviews: Conducting exit interviews with departing employees to gather feedback and insights about their experiences.
· Compliance: Ensuring the organization complies with employment laws and regulations by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant legal requirements.
· HR Reporting: Preparing HR-related reports and metrics to help track key performance indicators and provide insights to HR management.
· General Administrative Support: Assisting with various administrative tasks, such as scheduling meetings, managing HR-related documentation, and responding to emails.
Job Qualifications/Employment Requirements:
· Grade 12 education
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as an effective member of a administration team.
· Ability to type and be proficient in the operation of computer, software, ability to create document using Word, Excel, and Power Point
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
As an HR assistant for Gwa'sala-'Nakwaxda'xw Nations, your role is crucial in supporting the HR team and helping to create a positive and efficient work environment for all employees. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a good understanding of HR processes are essential for success in this role.
5 days per week Monday to Friday 8 am-4 pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person