Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $44.14 - $63.45 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Are you passionate about innovation and project management? If so, bring your skills to this key role supporting planning, implementation and evaluation of sustainable clinical operations initiatives for the Burnaby (BUH) Redevelopment Project. Specifically, provide project management support to clinical and infrastructure teams through all project phases: workflow, technical, clinical design, build, training and go-live.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable places to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, integrity and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Bring your demonstrated planning and collaboration skills to this exciting opportunity as a Clinical Planner - Redevelopment Projects within Burnaby’s Redevelopment Clinical Team. In this role, you will coordinate the master planning of assigned clinical initiatives. The documents you create will be used in development of project requirements, throughout the design process, and for post-occupancy evaluation of the built environment; you will participate through all these stages. Your ability to work effectively and in collaboration/consultation with internal and external stakeholders will make you an ideal candidate for this role.
Build on your education and career experience as you:
Lead the planning and design of facilities for assigned clinical service initiatives; working with both internal and external stakeholders.
Assess the clinical requirements of user groups by researching clinical benchmarks and best practices, and through operations analysis of service delivery.
Work closely with the Clinical Operations team to facilitate clinical scope and practice change to ensure alignment of the clinical operations planning activities with the built environment.
Prepare functional programs and assist the project team with facilities design decisions as they relate to clinical service delivery.
This is a full time position, based at the Burnaby Hospital Redevelopment office, located in Burnaby, BC.
Effective October 26, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Come work with dedicated professionals who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work! Work hard and have fun while you do it!
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Facilitates the submission and approval of capital work and various strategic initiatives by leading and preparing assigned aspects of clinical planning for project proposals and business case developments for the designated Redevelopment project; responsible for reviewing and coordinating assigned project charters, business case and functional program development, needs analysis and design phase reports for assigned clinical initiatives; works with the project planning team to ensure alignment of current, emerging and best practice clinical requirements with associated clinical support services for each initiative. Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the master planning of assigned clinical initiatives by consulting with clinical/research/ academic programs, hospital/community services and other user groups to secure information to assess and identify clinical needs; works with internal and external stakeholders to develop documents such as project charters, business case and functional programming development.
- Assesses the clinical requirements of the user groups by reviewing appropriate clinical benchmarks, research and best practice to ensure identified/requested needs are appropriate and includes integration with appropriate clinical support services; assists the user groups and other team members by providing clinical advice and information to facilitate consensus and problem resolution; reviews user specifications to ensure products and systems meet identified/requested clinical and clinical support needs.
- Facilitates the approval of assigned clinical and strategic initiatives by incorporating all project proponents such as business cases, project charters, needs analysis and functional program development into a document for submission to the Fraser Health's Executive and the Ministry of Health Services for funding approval.
- Coordinates and provides work direction to the project team to ensure that assigned project activities and cost targets are followed and monitored; works with user groups to complete assigned tasks to meet target dates and to identify clinical issues and/or deviations from the approved plan; prepares justification papers for all requested changes to established plan to be submitted for follow-up action.
- Works closely with the Clinical Transformation team to facilitate clinical scope and practice changes to ensure the alignment of clinical planning and clinical support activities with the project objectives and the strategic direction of Fraser Health.
- Prepares functional programs and assisting the project team with facilities design decisions as they relate to clinical service delivery; coordinates the review of user space and functional needs by consulting with user departments to assess and identify equipment needs; develops equipment specifications to meet user needs and conform to established purchasing standards and polices.
- Prepares monthly status reports that reflect clinical planning projects, process, timelines, milestones, clinical issues and risks.
- Assists with the development of construction phase activities including the coordination of departmental moves and temporary operations during construction; coordinates corporate moves with the Fraser Health's user groups, as needed.
- Conducts meetings with user groups, and steering committees and liaises with project teams and external stakeholders such as regional and government officials, as required.
- Coordinates the inter-departmental assessment, redesign and/or formulation of clinical and operational systems by establishing and evaluating simulated scenarios designed to test the training systems, procedures and equipment in the new environment.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a clinical health science discipline, supplemented with five (5) years' recent related clinical experience including two (2) years' experience in a health care leadership role responsible for the clinical planning of health care facilities or health care project management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in collaboration/consultation with others
- Comprehensive knowledge of health care delivery systems.
- Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and evaluation skills
- Ability to supervise and provide work direction to others
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with others
- Ability to persuade, provide leadership and guidance to others
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.