Sheridan Nurseries Mississauga is actively searching for an:
Permanent, Full Time
About the Job:
Reporting to the Assistant Store Manager, Operations, the Office Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and facilitating all related administrative functions at the Garden Centre. Responsibilities include inputting product invoices for payment to Accounts Payable, ensuring accurate record keeping, timely responses to deadlines and requests, and other related duties. The Office Supervisor is also responsible for cash control and reconciliation in conjunction with Store Management and the Store Head Cashier.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Invoice verification and data entry for all store-level product inventory with timely submission to Accounts Payable, ensuring accuracy and efficiency standards are met while minimizing errors or oversights.
- Accurately processes, completes, and organizes appropriate paperwork related to invoices, packing slips, product returns, inventory corrections, credits, and other items or services.
- Petty cash management and reconciliations, including period end accruals.
- Purchasing office supplies and facilitating requests for office equipment maintenance when required in coordination with the IT department.
- Filing paperwork and maintaining accurate records.
- Provide exceptional guest service in all aspects, including answering phone and email inquiries.
- Monitor online guest orders received through Sheridan’s Shopify platform, manage status updates, and assist with facilitating timely order fulfillment.
- Familiar with the role and responsibilities of the store cashiers to serve as a back-up.
- Participates with the store team in achieving all aspects of service excellence, store readiness, cleanliness, and compliance with all Sheridan Nurseries policies and standards.
- Actively seek to familiarize and increase product knowledge in all areas to assist with answering guest inquiries as required.
- Work in conjunction with Store Management and the Joint Health & Safety Committee to ensure a safe work environment for all through active observations, hazard reporting, and leading by example.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Our Vision, Mission, & Values:
- Detail oriented with a commitment to achieving 100% accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency, handling multiple demands, setting priorities, and having strong troubleshooting skills.
- Highly flexible with effective organization skills.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs, including Outlook, Excel and Access.
- Effective communicator who is punctual and dependable and highly values honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- A degree or certificate in Office Administration, or 3+ years of experience in an administrative role.
- Previous experience with data entry, accounting, and/or operating a retail POS system is an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- This role will require the flexibility to work a variety of shifts including, some weekends and holidays as scheduled, and may require extended periods of sitting, walking and standing.
- Please be advised that being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a condition for employment (subject to any accommodations required under the Ontario Human Rights Code).
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of:
1. Doing What’s Right
2. Being Performance Driven
3. Learning and Growing Together
4. Being Externally Focused
5. Having Bias for Action
Then this is the position for you!
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.