Job location: Jarvis, Ontario
Hours: 40 hours per week
Division: Operations – Thrive Cannabis Facility
Employment type: Full time permanent employment onsite
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company with operations across Europe and North and South America. We’re driven by our passion to help people improve their lives and have a diverse team who bring their best every day, so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71, Greybeard and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Are you a cannabis enthusiast with an energetic spirit? Are you looking to work with a fun group of people? If so, we would love to meet you!
We’re looking for an ambitious and hard-working professional to plant their roots with us as an Extraction Technician. In this role, you will collaborate with our dynamic A-Team to cultivate the highest quality of craft cannabis products under leading brands like Greybeard and San Rafael ‘71. More specifically, you will support the full cycle extraction process for various products including our oils and help to open the world to cannabis through innovation. Sound exciting? Here is a little more…
As an Extraction Technician, you will….
- Assist in the preparation and execution of extraction and post processing of botanical natural products
- Support post processing cycle which includes, but is not limited to decarboxylation, winterization, and distillation of resin as well as formulation of oils
- Ensure consistency of product through adherence to procedures and quality control testing
- Follow defined Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP) to ensure the highest-level quality
- Verify processes and documentation for extraction cycle
- Be an ambassador for our Company’s values, products and patients and consumers
- Ensure that proper sanitation is maintained for all production equipment and tools including workspaces, processing equipment, containers, and appliances
- Work towards meeting department goals around efficiencies, yields and cost
- Adhere to Aurora's SOPs and comply with Health Canada’s Cannabis Act. In addition, must adhere to ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001 (Environment Management System) and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series)
Facilitate other duties, special projects, tasks etc., as required
You would be the best fit for this role because…
- You thrive in various working conditions and are comfortable with lifting, pushing, or pulling 30 lbs. at one time, using various PPE (safety glasses, jumpsuits, masks, gloves etc.) / step ladders and navigating in various temperature environments from 20 – 28C degrees
- You enjoy a flexible schedule and can be available to work on weekends, weekdays or holidays as required
- You are a confident professional who can tackle any challenge with a positive attitude and manage multiple projects at once with tight deadlines
You are excited about the opportunity to jumpstart your career at Aurora and collaborate with a dynamic group of cannabis professionals
Bonus points if you have…
- Proficiency with basic arithmetic and MS Office
- Strong communication skills with the ability to connect with others and thrive in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and aptitude for managing a diverse workload
- Outstanding time management and decision-making skills with ability to improve processes and apply a mechanical aptitude
All successful applicants must be able to pass a background check. This position involves significant exposure to cannabis/plant materials, and it is therefore not likely suitable for an employee that may suffer from allergies to cannabis/plant pollen material, or experience other medical issues, such as asthma and hay fever, as a result of cannabis/plant material exposure.
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
- Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, vacation time, meeting-free-Friday-afternoons and more!
- Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with competitive wages, stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations
- Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
- Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
- Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time and modern technology.
- Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with cannabis.
Apply today by submitting your resume through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by our Talent Acquisition Team and we will contact you if we see a fit via email.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways. We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity. Not the role for you? Share this posting with your network while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities (hot tip: if you are an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by sharing this posting with someone in your network! If they are the successful candidate, you may be eligible for a bonus!).
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.