This Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist is responsible for the efficient, timely, and accurate collections of outstanding customer account balances. This position reports to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor. The role is best suited to someone who enjoys problem solving, is highly organized and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Our team loves to have fun and celebrate, so a positive attitude and willingness to support the team is critical to being a cultural fit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures timely collection of outstanding receivables to meet collection objectives;
- Ensures compliance with company billing and collection policies;
- Regular review and reconciliation of customer accounts to ensure accurate account balances;
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies, providing invoice/statements to customers when required;
- Contact customers regarding overdue accounts, determine and resolve reasons for non-payment;
- Collects and allocates daily payments to customer accounts, including cheques, EFT, wires, e-transfers, and credit cards;
- Reviews pre-payments against accounts/AR sub-ledger on a weekly basis to apply payments where possible;
- Ensure adjustments to accounts are completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Review reports monthly that identify delinquent accounts and works with Project Managers to communicate payment inquiries, through email and direct communication;
- Collects and reports on activities as per established accounting guidelines;
- Collaborates with management and escalate concerns to address issues or irregularities to ensure timely collections and avoiding further deficiencies or collection risks;
- Project the highest level of professionalism and courtesy towards customers; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that self and others adhere to Canstar’s health and safety practices and procedures;
- Ensure good housekeeping is kept to perform work safely and efficiently;
- Understand safety policies and protocols; and
- Ensure that self and others on site are wearing all required PPE, when required.
Who we are looking for
A personable and well-organized individual who pays attention to detail and has excellent data entry skills. Someone who has a professional manner and is able to interact with employers and vendors daily. Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment and complies with the GAAP accounting standards. Other important attributes of a future Canstar Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist are:
- A minimum of 3+ years of Accounts Receivable experience;
- Proven ability to practice effective customer service techniques, yet to be professionally assertive when necessary;
- Experience in the construction or restorations industry is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Strong understanding of Accounts Receivable workflows;
- Experience working with Dynamics/NAV is considered an asset;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel including pivot tables);
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with ability to adjust and respond professionally to changing priorities and ad-hoc issues;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written as well as verbal) with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in a professional and competent manner;
- Able to adapt to change and learn new processes as the business evolves/develops;
- Proven ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, handle high volumes, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines; and
- Team player with positive attitude who takes initiative and has a strong work ethic.
Why join Canstar Restorations as an Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist?
Canstar is a Canadian restoration company, locally owned and operated since we opened in 1985 – we have 11 branches both in BC and in AB. We are a company who loves taking part in community events and we are pleased to help our furry friends by sponsoring the BCSPCA. We pride ourselves as being the best in the restoration industry by providing excellent service, prioritizing safety, and delivering a very high level of quality work to our customers.
We have a great benefit program with extended health and dental, RRSP matching, vacation and paid sick/personal days. We invest in your future by offering a tuition reimbursement program, career advancement and training opportunities to get you to the next step in your career!
We take good care of our customers and our team! We like to have fun and celebrate our success with things like popcorn Fridays and an annual visit to Playland for staff and their families!
- Offers flexible hybrid working environment (office, home)
- Must be flexible to work overtime, evenings, and weekends, on occasion
Perks of working for Canstar
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Flexible hours and work from home opportunities
- Great company culture and career advancement opportunities
- Industry-related Tuition Reimbursement (50% - 100% of tuition costs!)
How to apply…
If you want to be an Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist, are looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, send us your resume by applying here today!
Agencies: Please do not contact us about this position.
We celebrate equality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment, and we affirm and welcome applicants from all backgrounds of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and age, except as prescribed by law.