The Maintenance Planner organizes, maintains, and executes programs regarding preventive maintenance, parts inventory and purchase, maintenance work orders, and records management of maintenance activities and equipment performance.
- Maintain a yearly maintenance schedule (including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly tasks) for preventive maintenance (PM),
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers of equipment, parts, tools, services, and supplies,
- Optimize space provided for inventory of parts and supplies,
- Manage the inventory/purchase order system for all equipment, parts, tools, services, and supplies,
- Cost effective and timely management of all spare parts, services, and supplies,
- Conduct biannual inventory audits on all spare parts, tools, and supplies,
- Work with managers/supervisors of other departments and sits in on production and food safety team meetings,
- Provide updates on equipment and parts operational longevity and planned replacement,
- Participate in planning and managing the maintenance budget,
- Perform all duties in a work safe manner and wear Personal Protective Devices where and when appropriate,
- Comply and adhere to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery,
- Promote and follow all company and regulatory standards, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS),
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times,
- Report all safety concerns to a member of your Joint Health and Safety Committee and your Supervisor/Manager,
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor or Manager,
- In the event that the Maintenance Coordinator is absent, the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Plant Manager shall act as backup.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree; A combination of experience and skills would be considered,
- Minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance in a production environment including 1 year of procurement experience in a maintenance department,
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment,
- Good verbal and written English language skills,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Strong organizational and time management skills,
- Strong team building, leadership and motivation skills,
- Work well under pressure and with minimal supervision,
- Advanced computer skills in Cad drawing, MS office and maintenance related software.
- Permanent Full-time position (40 hours per week). Able to work rotating shifts (day/afternoon/ graveyard), 15-min paid coffee break, 1/2-hour unpaid lunch/dinner break,
- Exposure to noise and a wet temperature varied environment when in the production area,
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable
WHY WORK WITH US ?
- Annual incentive plan
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- On- Site Parking
- Company Events
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care/ Dental Care/Extended Health Care on completion of Probation
Please email your resume/CV to:
Email: [email protected]
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-Time