Skyline Group is a Canadian company that manufactures and sells roof safety and access systems such as permanent ladders, guardrails, and walkway systems to clients throughout Canada.
Located in our Head Office in Perth, ON we are seeking a Structural & Compliance Engineer to focus on ensuring designs are code compliant and structurally sound for the application, and to manage and conduct Roof Hazard Reviews .
Applicants must be a licensed professional engineer in the Province of Ontario.
- Maintain up-to-date personal and company knowledge of laws, codes, and regulations that apply to our scope across the country including keeping the blue-book up-to-date as well as training for employees
- Ensure designs are code compliant and structurally sound for the application.
- Ensure Hazard Reviews and Inspections are thorough, code compliant, and accurate
- Manage staff and/or partners/subcontractors with regard to Hazard Reviews and Inspections
- Ensure site measurements are taken where required and are accurately conveyed to CAD team
- Approve content including product documentation, marketing copy, manuals, etc.
- Confirm whether or not product specifications of alternate materials are acceptable substitutes. Ensure written documentation is received confirming this from third party engineer.
- Ensure products and custom projects are structurally sound and compliant with all applicable codes and regulations
- Ensure company technical documentation is kept up to date
- Limit company liability
- Develop inspection and hazard review processes and documentation that are compliant
- Maintain relevant safety training
- Produce proposals/quotations as required that clearly define and limit company liability
- Perform inspections and hazard reviews
- Recruit and manage 3rd party contractors to perform inspections and hazard reviews
- Document inspection and hazard review reports for customers
- Provide structural review within 2 days when requested
- Blue-book and technical documentation reviewed and updated as required minimum twice per year
- Provide requested onsite services on schedule
- Maintain GP Margin onsite within services offered
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person