The Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement is home to the government’s Procurement Management Division (PMD). PMD brings procurement professionals and expertise into a single organization that is focused on excellence and service. PMD provides services to the public and other ministries, agencies and crowns that support efforts to build the economy and make a better life for all Saskatchewan people.
The Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement is seeking two (2) positive, innovative, client-focused, and results-oriented individuals to join the PMD team as a Procurement Specialist for the Construction and Goods and Services Procurement branches based in Regina. These term positions will allow you to leverage your passion for collaboration and procurement expertise with an organization that holds deep-rooted values of Respect and Integrity, Serving Citizens, Excellence, Innovation, Transparency and Fairness, and Acting as One Team.
This position will:
- Research, identify and manage all aspects of a moderately complex competitive procurement process for goods, services and construction, including concise communication of procurement strategy recommendations and innovations based on research and analysis
- Build relationships and liaise with client and ministry representatives to lead and guide them through the strategic procurement process, aligning client and government objectives
- Provide professional expertise to clients to reach acceptable solutions for business requirements and ensure best value procurement is achieved;
- Conduct supplier consultation and performance management within the procurement process
- Provide contract management by participating in ensuring the client and supplier fulfill their obligations as stated in the written contract
- Perform document control quality checks on government procurement-related documentation
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, acts, agreements, policies and/or procedures
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of contract law and negotiation
- Experience in strategic leadership, including having the ability to influence, persuade or convince others
- The ability to accurately perform mathematical applications to calculate and determine financial implications resulting from the procurement process
- The ability to work independently and/or as a contributing member of a team to complete work assignments, achieve common goals and objectives and contribute towards a positive work environment
- The ability to independently assess your own workload, taking into consideration changing priorities, heavy workloads, tight deadlines, multiple reporting relationships and constant interruptions.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position would be obtained through a SCMP designation or a relevant undergraduate degree. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
SaskBuilds and Procurement: where infrastructure, procurement, real property, facility management, logistics and information technology meet to enable Saskatchewan's Growth Plan for the Next Decade of Growth 2020-2030 and programs and services for citizens and communities. The Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement offers dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity. Also, the Saskatchewan public service offers several employment advantages such as:
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation and earned days off (EDOs) and other types of leave;
- Advancement opportunities and
- Flexible work arrangements.
If you want to learn more about the Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement and what we offer, check out our website, Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement.
We are committed to workplace diversity.