Sheridan Nurseries Mississauga is actively searching for a:
Landscape Supply Assistant
Permanent, Full Time
About the Job:
The Landscape Supply Centre (LSC) Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Assistant Manager, Landscape Supply Centre (AMLSC) in achieving all LSC sales and margin objectives, along with LSC office administration, cash handling, and point-of-sale (POS) operation. The LSC Assistant will be expected to assist LSC guests by selling the complete solution, providing product knowledge, promoting related tie-in items, and answering inquiries. The LSC Assistant will perform additional duties related to watering, plant care and maintenance, stocking, merchandising, and other duties as directed by the AMLSC.
- Be familiar with all pertinent sales targets and objectives and assist the AMLSC with the planning and operation of the Landscape Supply Centre based on meeting these goals.
- Understand the role of the store cashier and how to use the POS system in order to serve LSC guests and process their transactions, including quotes and orders.
Exhibit an enthusiastic, helpful, and positive sales-oriented attitude towards all guests, ensuring a high level of guest service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work with the AMLSC, Store Management, and all Category Supervisors to monitor product inventory, ensuring quality standards met while minimizing scrap, shrink, and aged inventory while maintaining accurate records of damaged, unsaleable, or store use product.
- Maintain product quality in collaboration with other departments to ensure the watering, maintenance, and general upkeep of all live plant material displayed in the LSC area, including orders in the holding area for LSC and commercial guests.
- Maintain a presence within the LSC department, respond to calls when required, and ensure that all guests receive assistance with their purchases and inquiries.
- Actively seek to increase knowledge base of all product offerings, staying current on all relevant sales, promotions, and marketing initiatives.
- Maintain department standards of excellence and visual merchandising standards.
- Ensure all marketing promotions and signage is executed within department.
- Work in conjunction with Store Management and the Joint Health & Safety Committee to ensure a safe work environment for all through active observations, hazard reporting, and leading by example.
- Collaborate with receiving staff to ensure that all incoming product shipments for LSC and commercial guest orders have been accurately verified, tagged/priced, and that credit requests are forwarded immediately for all short-shipped, damaged, or unsaleable items.
- Work collaboratively to ensure timely and accurate order pulling for LSC and commercial guests, along with the coordination and scheduling of plantings and deliveries in accordance with store directives and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the AMLSC.
Our Vision, Mission, & Values:
- Must have completed high school and be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Existing knowledge base of horticulture and product offerings, with an ability and commitment to learn and expand your knowledge.
- Previous retail experience.
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Word, and Excel. POS experience is an asset.
- Experience in landscaping or working with contractors is an asset.
- Passion for sales with an enthusiastic approach to guest service.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, organizational skills, and teamwork.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions with an attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and prioritize multiple tasks and situations with effective time management skills.
- You are punctual and dependable, and highly value honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- This job requires extended periods of walking and standing, as well as the ability to lift 50lbs and work in various weather conditions and environments.
- Please be advised that being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a condition of employment (subject to any accommodation required by the Ontario Human Rights Code).
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of:
1. Doing What’s Right
2. Being Performance Driven
3. Learning and Growing Together
4. Being Externally Focused
5. Having Bias for Action
Then this is the position for you!
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.