We are North America's leading security and facility services provider with approximately 300,000 service personnel. At Allied Universal(R), we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is hiring a Service Delivery Manager. Airports are gateways to the world and our Allied Universal team is leading the way. We are looking for team members who can deliver on our promise of providing proactive security services that are trusted, reliable, forward-thinking, courageous, caring, nimble and responsive. This role is for anyone looking for a gateway role to a more senior career in security.
The Service Delivery Manager has full responsibility for screening operations within a certain area and for the delivery of all operational KPIs within the area of oversight while identifying operational strengths and weaknesses and improving service delivery and operational efficiencies. Leading a team of Screening Officers, you would be accountable for promoting a positive workplace culture that is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusivity.
Actively engage in managing the screening checkpoint by monitoring queue length, service levels, reporting on changing needs and seeking additional staff from the Operation Center when required
- Build and maintains a strong customer relationship with assigned business area
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on a daily basis
- Manage Screening Officers by acting as a coach and mentor in order to create and maintain an engaged, motivated work force
- Conduct regular performance reviews and makes recommendations for employee recognition program
- Apply corrective measures as required following the progressive discipline process
- Assign staff to screening positions, monitors breaks, conducts specified training, and accommodates language requirements
- Compile shift reports for the screening area under their management
- Assist Screening Officers in dealing with complaints, security incidents, and other issues
- Assists in recruitment as needed
- Conduct workplace investigations with the guidance of Human Resources and senior management
- Conduct interviews with employees as per the Attendance Management Policy and Program
Must possess one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Criminal Justice, or related field of study
- A minimum of two (2) years of post-secondary education combined with a year of supervisory/managerial experience in a customer service, or operational, or unionized environment
- Must be able to acquire a Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Licensing requirements are subject to province and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment
- Must be eligible to apply for Federal Security Clearance
- Minimum of three (3) year of work-related experience in a protective service leadership role, preferably in the Aviation Security Industry in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation
- Strong operational focus with the ability to act under pressure and provide creative solutions
- Experience in the management of personnel in a unionized environment
- Ability to work effectively with large employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to implement performance management / discipline with direct reports
- Ability to use office software programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work irregular hours / shift work / attend to incidents after hours
- Strong communication, leadership, client service and persuasive skills
Management experience in the Aviation Security Industry in a unionized environment
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUSecurity.ca. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.