CG Equipment is a well established heavy equipment dealership serving southern Ontario for more than 50 years! We offer competitive wages and benefits for our employees. We are currently accepting applications for an in shop and field service technician / mechanic at our Guelph location.
If you have any experience in heavy equipment /large equipment /construction equipment / material handlers / landscape equipment repairs or maintenance this job is for you!
Perform service work on all types of heavy equipment while maintaining a safe work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting, overhaul and repairs of various components of customer and company heavy equipment.
- Requisition of parts, materials and tools as required
- Complete detailed, clear and efficient work orders in a timely manner
- Maintain order, cleanliness, work output and safe working conditions in company shop
- Comply with company health and safety programs, occupational health and safety legislation and other municipal, provincial or federal legislation as it applies.
- Effective communication with service manager and/or technician supervisor immediately if additional work is required, if work outlined is not required, or if repairs cannot be completed within promised time.
- Effective communication with parts department efficiently to order required parts
- Test equipment when required
- Participate in company and manufacturer sponsored training programs training schools.
- Report machinery defects or issues to manager
- Assist management and other technicians in checking and diagnosing mechanical faults of customer / dealership equipment
- Ensure all technicians are working in a safe environment
- Organize service shop, keep clean, safe and orderly
- Owns own tools
- Grade 12 minimum
- Red Seal Licensed Journeyman
- WHIMIS training
- Valid Drivers License
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Possess excellent problem solving skills
- Safety contentious
- Must be approachable and have good communication skills with customers and employees
- Must be flexible with hours of work. May be required to start early and end late
- Must be available to work weekends if required
- Service environment – inside and outside
- Service warehouse
- Must be able to lift 50-100 lbs
Overtime: After 44 hours
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$44.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- mechanical: 1 year (preferred)
- Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-04-26