Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring production efficiency maximization through the effective utilization of labor, improvement of production methods and cost control. Achieve results through a team approach, directing the work of production staff as well as working with other departments in the Company
- Develop training plans and materials, update skill matrix, coordinate with other departments on scheduling and supporting of staff development.
- Become a power user of Business Central, support the team on ERP issues.
- With the support of production clerk, responsible for all work orders closings, raw material reconciliations and inventory adjustments.
- Analyze variances in raw material consumption & inventory discrepancy, provides root cause & solution.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement within the production staff through regular feedback, coaching and training.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to ensure that day-to-day production outputs are met through her subordinates.
- Assists with the preparation of the weekly manpower schedule based on master production plan.
- Ensures that company policies and mission are communicated to all production staff; motivates staff to work towards achieving company standards.
- Conducts weekly production staff meeting to address and discuss any production related issues and concerns.
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance Manager, Technical Manager and leadhands in trouble shooting production related problems; cultivating a continuous quality improvement mentality on the production floor to resolve long term quality issues. Provides safe food production to ensure; SQF, GMP and Kosher procedures are met.
- Develops and enforces work safe policies and procedures to meet OHS requirements; working closely with H&S Coordinator in investigating WCB claims and to establish a continuous safety mentality in the work environment.
- Liaising with maintenance department to ensure that all production equipment problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Attends/holds regular meetings with other departments to review and resolve production, equipment, health/safety, and quality-related issues, etc.
- Reviews daily production tracking reports (i.e. yield, wastage, labor utilization, downtime, etc.) from the previous day and investigate any discrepancy, finds root causes to develop and implements long term solutions.
- Conducts probationary and annual performance reviews with subordinates.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by Production Manager/Plant Manager.
- 70% in the production floor and 30% in an office setting
- Permanent Full-Time position (40 hours per week)
- Available to work any day/ any shift of the week to meet production requirements.
- Answer internal enquiries after work as required.
- College, University or Technical degree, preferably in operations management or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years production supervisory experience, preferably in food industry.
- Previous experience in Production & Labour scheduling.
- Proficient in ERP system, ability to extract data from the system to create management reports.
- Knowledge of Power BI, Pivot Table or Jet Reports an asset.
- Strong data analytical skill, able to form action plan based on numerical results.
- Solid knowledge of costing, routing and BOM.
- Inventory management experience / knowledge.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good written and verbal English.
- Detail orientated.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork/team building/motivation skills.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- OFAA Level 2 or able to obtain certification.
WHY WORK WITH US ?
- Annual incentive plan
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Company Events
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care/ Dental Care/Extended Health Care on completion of Probation
Click the “Apply Now” button at the top of this posting to apply for this role and include a resume.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person