Our client Kent Imaging Inc. located in Calgary, AB, Canada, is seeking a Clinical Research Specialist to join their Clinical Research team. Kent Imaging is a leading innovator of medical technology, designing, manufacturing, and marketing imaging technology for limb preservation and surgical care. Kent’s focus is on how innovative medical technologies improve the health and well-being of patients.
The Clinical Research Specialist will be responsible for engaging with research sites for training and device support throughout the length of the projects as well as assistance with data analysis and presentations. Should be able to deliver in-person (including US/Canada/Other countries) and online training for the device as needed. Will be responsible for leading image review sessions to ensure the device is being utilized properly and to help with educating new users. This individual may assist in creating training materials, presentations, and other materials as needed that are required to support device use for research sites.
- Apply knowledge of clinical research to bridge gap between technical capabilities and needs of healthcare professionals in new or existing fields of clinical application for Kent’s medical devices.
- Lead product technology knowledge translation for Kent’s products and services to broad audiences.
- Work with internal and external multidisciplinary teams to help develop study protocol, support IRB/ethics applications, execute data collection, perform image/dataset analysis and report/communicate results to key stakeholders.
- Review, edit, and write on pertinent literature and clinical research manuscripts for publication as required.
- Perform device training, guide data management/analysis strategies, and provide technical support for research sites.
- Drive/follow up for assigned research projects to meet publication objectives and deadlines.
- Assist in the maintenance of company bibliography and research data repository of relevant materials, protocols, and datasets for efficient dispersal to cross-functional teams as required.
- Coordinate efforts to resolve escalated phone calls, complaints, or issues with respect to hardware malfunctions, software errors, and image interpretation from research partner sites. Performing all the duties of a Customer Service Rep for the research sites with excellence
- Document standard problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Maintain data repository for efficient dispersal of pertinent data to internal staff as required.
- Master's degree in biomedical engineering, kinesiology, biotechnology, health science, or other healthcare-related field. A bachelor's degree complemented with 3+ years of relevant professional experience will be considered.
- Experience in conducting clinical research projects and the scientific publication process.
- Experience working in chronic wound care/vascular/plastic & reconstructive surgery settings is considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills with excellent written and verbal communication strategies.
- Experience creating and delivering training to a clinical or technically advanced audience.
- Proficiency with Windows operating system, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with statistical software packages such as SPSS and/or R.
- Experience with data analytics programming packages such as MATLAB or Python is considered an asset.
- Hybrid - 1 to 2 days of remote work a week and 20% travel time within the year.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have experience with chronic wound care/vascular/plastic & reconstructive surgery?
- Are you willing to travel 20% of the time?
- Master's Degree (preferred)
- Medical Devices: 1 year (preferred)
- Creating & delivering training programs: 1 year (preferred)
- SPSS, R, MATLAB, or Python: 1 year (preferred)
- Clinical Research: 3 years (preferred)
- Scientific Publication Processes: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person