According to the Indian and Northern Affairs Canada Secondary Education National Program Guidelines, Garden River First Nation receives funding to provide students living on-reserve.
The Garden River First Nation Education Unit, in accordance with Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC), has developed these operating guidelines. The creation of this booklet is to provide the community with written procedures and policies followed by the Education Unit.
We are seeking a Customer Support Specialist (CSS) who will process complaints and issues.
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information: Researching, locating, and providing information.
- Resolves inquiries by clarifying issues: Researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions, implementing solutions, and escalating unresolved issues or concerns.
- Identifies request type and determines the appropriate course of action required for resolution.
- Resolves inquiries or refers requests to department contacts as needed.
- Follows up to ensure prompt resolution of outstanding inquiries.
- Maintains call center database.
- Records accurate information for each request by identifying the customer's defined needs, and resolves or escalates and logs the request.
- Dispatches and directs staff as required to resolve customer issues/concerns.
- Participates in training programs offered to enhance technical, interpersonal and communication skills and proficiency related to the projects to which they are assigned.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies and contractual agreements: follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and professional standards.
- Proficiency in technical computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Skill in the use of multi-line telephone systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and provide feedback to others.
- Ability to handle a high call volume.
- Ability to use tact and exercise good judgment in interacting with the general public, school and central office personnel.
- Ability to actively listen to callers.
- Ability to use judgment and initiative to quickly and accurately identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to regularly reassess priorities and adjust to changing workload demands.
- Ability to enter data accurately using computer databases within limited time periods.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with other departmental officials, associates, and employees.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Excellent cross-organizational knowledge.
The Garden River First Nation Education Unit does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities.