Software Test Automation Engineer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario (hybrid)
Job Description - Full time, permanent
Experience: Minimum 5+ years experience
Education: BS in Computer Science or other engineering disciplines
A single idea from the human mind can change the world. Nicoya was established in 2012 as an idea from the mind of nanotechnology graduate student, Ryan Denomme. While completing his Masters’ research at the University of Waterloo he encountered a recurring problem – researchers don’t have access to the cutting-edge technology needed to advance their discoveries. It became his goal to use nanotechnology to help reduce the cost and complexity commonly associated with scientific instruments, making them accessible to every scientist. As CEO, Ryan leads the team at Nicoya and continues to bring his vision to life.
Currently, Nicoya is made up of 100+ passionate and talented engineers, scientists, and designers who have extensive experience working at the forefront of nanotechnology, biochemistry, and optical sensors. Located in the heart of Canada’s Silicon Valley, Nicoya is proud to call Kitchener-Waterloo it’s home base and is globally helping scientists succeed in over 40 countries.
You love a challenge and you’re a life-long learner. You thrive off of solving technical challenges in the development of new products to meet short and long-term customer goals. You want to provide some of the world’s top researchers with the best technology to help make research simple for them and help them get the data they need to make a difference in the world. You have excellent technical proficiency with a balanced understanding that user experience is everything. You love stepping out of your comfort zone while also keeping track of your day-to-day tasks. You want to be a part of a thriving small team and you have great communication and teamwork skills. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging problems. You have a proven track record for setting and meeting aggressive goals.
Members of the Software Team work cross-functionally within our organization, being part developer, part tester, and wearing whatever hat is needed at any given time. You need to be an excellent communicator and thrive in a small-team environment with fast-paced agile iterations. Your contributions will deliver meaningful impact to our customers and the company.
As a Software Test Automation Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for writing and maintaining automated tests which enhance our functionality, compatibility, integration, and reliability testing. Your work will help increase confidence in our releases, speed up our development cycle, and make sure our customers are happy with our software. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic, and detail-oriented, with a solid technical background and demonstrable hands-on experience.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include a mix of both manual and automation testing:
- Use Gitlab, Jest, Cypress, and other test frameworks to design and implement automated test cases traceable to requirements for Cloud and embedded software
- Collaborate with cross functional team to create test plans and procedures, ensuring traceability from requirements and specifications to verification test plans
- Execute testing, track test results, and maintain test case suites within a test management system
- Log, track, and drive resolution of defects
- Participate in agile team meetings and project planning activities
- Recommend improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and product quality in the spirit of continual improvement
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- BS in Computer Science or other engineering disciplines preferred
- Minimum of 5+ year experience working in a professional software test or developer role
- Experience in SDLC and worked within an agile environment in a past role
- Experience create Test Automation of Web/SaaS/Mobile applications
- Experience in testing REST APIs
- Proficiency in QA testing methodologies
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, coordination skills, and interpersonal skills
Want to learn more?
We hope by this point you’re just as excited about this position as we are!
If you want to learn more about Nicoya and what we’re doing before applying check out the links below:
- Nicoya News
- Nicoya's Events
All qualified applicants will receive consideration but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview and should you require any accommodation, please let Human Resources know. Information received related to accommodation needs will be addressed confidentially.