The Operations Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative support services to the Operations Divisions within the Corporation, including support to the Chief Operating Officer and Division Directors and Managers, as well as other NTPC employees. The position supports the coordination and scheduling for major projects involving Operations and various other Divisions including annual shutdowns, scheduling for the hydro sites and ad hoc projects as they arise. The position also provides coverage for the Administrative pool which supports other Divisions in the organization.
- Provides confidential administrative support across the Operation Divisions, as required.
Working with Operations Managers and Directors or Chief Operating Officer, supports the coordination and scheduling for ad hoc and recurring major projects involving Operations and various other Divisions including annual shutdowns, scheduling for the hydro sites and ad hoc projects as they arise.
Coordinate the assignment and maintenance of Corporate accommodation managed by the Divisions including coding of costs, ensuring the booking system is working correctly, ensure checks are completed and documented by the operations staff on check outs to facilitate appropriate follow through on maintenance, restocking of facilities, and identification, assignment and follow up of required repairs for facilities.
Collect LNG receipts (bill of lading?) from Inuvik LNG transfer point and enter data into spreadsheet on a regular basis. Follow up on any outstanding receipts. Send completed spreadsheet to Finance on a monthly basis as part of the month end fuel process.
Complete flights and hotel bookings for NTPC Operations Staff & Contractors as requested.
- Serve as the PCard Area Coordinator for the three Operations Divisions: Hydro, Thermal and the Transmission and Distribution Employees including collection of completed PCard reconciliations from Managers/ Directors, completing clearing entries in the Great Plains accounting system and completing the proper filing requirement for completed reconciliation. Duties may also include organizing and preparing reconciliations for Directors.
Reviews and prioritizes mail, determining what information or recommendations require immediate attention. Prepares courier packages etc. when required.
- Assist with the planning and organization of Division and Corporate employee and public events.
Develop and maintain various calendars of events and any Action Items to assist the Chief Operating Officer and / or Directors to meet obligations as agreed for various groups including; Board of Directors, Senior Leadership, Committees, JOHSC meetings, etc.
- Organize and finalize agendas and take minutes at meetings as required by the operating Divisions. This may include facilitating catering orders and meeting rooms if applicable. Meetings may ad hoc or regularly scheduled meetings such as Joint Occupational Health and Safety meetings, weekly division meetings, committee meetings led by or supported by Operations Divisions.
Facilitate content management for the operations divisions on internal and external websites to ensure the corporation’s information is current and professionally presented. Provide feedback on ease of use and access to information for internal and external websites.
Draft new word processing, spreadsheet and presentation documents using Word, Excel and PowerPoint as required. Review, proofread and edit documents prepared by others for spelling, grammar, content, and format.
- Assist in the preparation of documents that may include agendas, board materials or briefing notes for the President & CEO, Chief Operating Officer and/or Directors.
- Code and process invoices, travel claims and other financial documents appropriately in a timely manner. Alert the Team Leader, Administrative Services to any unusual requests.
Ensures files and records are maintained in accordance with the corporate Records Management System.
Provides training to and receives training from co-workers and performs administrative duties in support of the Corporation as determined by the Team Leader in consultation with various Senior Leadership Team members.
- As a member of the shared administrative pool, will support duties of the shared administrative pool as required, as well as acting for the Team Leader, Administrative Services from time to time.
Support the Operations Directors with administrative functions in monitoring compliance of the Operations Divisions on Finance policies.
Monitor and replenish office supplies for the Yellowknife administrative office.
Other duties as required.
- Must have a post-secondary certificate/diploma in Office Administration or other relevant discipline with five or more years related office experience including administrative experience; or nine or more years of directly relevant administrative experience may be considered in lieu of certificate/diploma.
- Must possess strong computer skills preferably in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
- Must have experience with data entry, specifically working with spreadsheets.
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational skills and able to multitask.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to recognize and act on urgent matters.
- Must have experience with organizing agendas and taking meeting minutes.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with little direction, while managing multiple tasks and frequent interruptions
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and structure problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to effectively communicate requests for information to a wide range of employees.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize high volume of work, meet time pressure and deadlines.
- Must have a keen attention to detail to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Experience in coordinating staff travel & accommodations considered an asset.
- Requires interpersonal skills for working in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Satisfactory criminal record check.
Salary for this position ranges from $35.21/hr - $42.81/hr plus an additional $4,642 in location allowance. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes health and dental benefits, long-term disability, life insurance, paid sick days and a defined benefits pension plan.
Affirmative Action Employer - Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status via our online application process in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.