We are looking to add outgoing and responsible candidate(s) to our Plumbing Department. Come join our growing team, and to help build our locally owned and operated business.
The right candidate(s) would be a hard working individual who enjoys teamwork, provides excellent customer service, has a friendly and helpful attitude towards customers and willingness to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base.
The Plumbing Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, and help create the best department experience possible.
Job duties would include but are not limited to:
- Assist Customers in locating merchandise in store, online as well as processing special orders.
- Communicate product knowledge to the customer as appropriate
- Assist customers with carrying out of large or heavy items.
- Process Quotes, and transactions (charge) using retail software
- Follow procedures and maintain standards according to store policy in the following areas: loss prevention, receiving and pricing goods, merchandise handling and presentation, housekeeping, reordering merchandise, restocking shelves and handling cash.
- Change prices on merchandise, bins, displays, etc. as necessary.
- Determine customer’s needs by asking open-ended questions.
- Build special displays and signage for sales, promotions and other special events.
- Work on special projects as assigned by department manager.
We provide a great competitive compensation package including, benefits, profit sharing, wellness spending account, staff discount, training and loads of opportunity to advance.
*All applicants must be local to the area and/or able to commute to location.
*Home Hardware Stores Limited is pleased to be recognized on the Forbes list of Canada's Best Employers 2022
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Retail sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person