NEW: Our modified pilot collective agreement is effective September 1, 2023. The enhanced compensation and benefits package includes: new wage scales for First Officers and Captains, a renewal of our pilot flow to Air Canada, additional pay incentives for Training Pilots, and increased company support on cost-sharing for health, dental, and disability benefits.
Please note: Pilot job postings for all locations feed into our common ground school recruitment. Bases are assigned on the second day of Jazz ground school. Thus, you only need to apply to one First Officer position, regardless of location, to join our recruitment process.
Start your journey with the largest regional airline in Canada and let your aviation career take flight!
Jazz is looking for First Officers with a passion for safety and customer service to join our award-winning team:
- Canada’s Safest Employers 2023
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2022
The scope of our operation:
- Approximately 500 daily flights operated.
- Approximately 80 destinations across Canada and the United States.
- 8 million passengers carried annually.
- Four (4) crew base locations: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver.
We love what we do and invite you to take a closer look, by watching our video
"At Jazz, we're more than an airline"
Jazz offers a wide range of competitive benefits, perks and services:
- Competitive salary starting at $64.95 per credit hour.
- Daily expense allowance (on average $800- $1000 tax free per month).
- Our pairings offer a variety of short- and medium-haul routes that can allow you to explore the far reaches of North America or stay closer to home.
- Jazz takes great pride in our existing company culture; well known as a “can-do” organization with a very positive and supportive, high-standard platform of quality regional flying.
- From here, we are committed to continue to embrace and foster an environment where Pilots can thrive.
- Our professional and highly skilled flight operations team consistently provides mentorship opportunities for learning and development by implementing a very high quality of training standards, fully supporting you every step of the way.
We also provide:
- A pathway opportunity to mainline through our preferential interview process with Air Canada.
- Career development opportunities within Jazz to join our training team, advance into management and more!
Personal Development and Opportunities
- An extensive employee travel benefits program on the Air Canada network. Within the first week of training, standby travel for Pilots only for the purpose of commuting is available on the Air Canada network (subject to change at Air Canada discretion).
- Access to an extensive list of vendors and suppliers, who provide a wide range of Jazz employee discounts, which contribute to supporting your health, life balance and financial goals.
Programs and Services
- A defined contribution pension plan.
- A comprehensive care plan including health, life, dental and disability benefits.
- An Employee Share Ownership Plan that provides an opportunity to benefit financially from the growth and success of Jazz and parent company Chorus Aviation Inc.
Our Air Canada connection
Jazz is Air Canada’s primary regional partner and an integral part of Air Canada’s strategy and North American market presence. Jazz is a proud Air Canada Express operator providing service across North America.
- Valid and Current Transport Canada Group 1 Instrument Rating; must currently meet the instrument recency requirements.
- Valid Transport Canada Commercial Pilots License.
- Valid Transport Canada Multi Engine rating.
- Valid Transport Canada Class 1 Medical.
- Must have a completed IATRA written in past two years or ATPL exams written.
- Must be able to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC).
- Must hold a current passport at time of hire.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident without restrictions.
- If you are a Permanent Resident, you must be able to obtain and maintain crew visa documentation required to operate aircraft within the USA.
- Must have completed a High School diploma.
- Candidates must meet Transport Canada English proficiency standard.
- 500 hours total flying time preferred.
We want to get to know you!
You can now start the recruitment process early and begin building your application today! Simply click “Apply Online” on this job posting and you will be on your way to a potential career with Jazz. We will review your application, follow your progression and be in touch.
Preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements:
- Applicants who possess a Canadian ATPL.
- Applicants with two crew multi-engine turbine experience.
- Graduates from an Aviation College degree or diploma program.
- Applicants with commercial or military flight experience.
- Applicants with Flight Management System (FMS) and/or glass cockpit experience.
- Internal Jazz referral.
We strive to hire candidates with diverse abilities. We want to ensure that you are prepared for success and therefore request that you please let us know at [email protected] if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Jazz recognizes that the best talent includes people of all backgrounds, abilities and points of view. To be a leader in our industry, Jazz celebrates diversity and values the uniqueness that each individual has to offer. We empower our people to foster an internal culture of inclusion, creating safe workspaces where everyone can be their authentic self. Meeting the needs of our diverse passengers is critical to our success and we recognize the importance of a workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve.