For more than 125 years, Windsor Salt has improved the lives of Canadians by making their food tastier, their roads safer, their pools cleaner, and so much more. From the salt we mine and produce through evaporative processes, Windsor Salt is a trusted authority on salt in Canada and has one of the industry's largest production and distribution networks. We're grateful to be known as a company that cares deeply about our commitment to a culture of zero harm, ensuring product quality, supporting employee well-being and exposure across the mining value chain, and positively impacting the communities we serve.
The jobholder acts the point of contact between the customer and the company. The jobholder displays a professional image of the company, provides a comprehensive service in a high performance, customer focused environment with respect to company products, procedures, and technology. The jobholder is always responsive to the customer’s requirements (both internal and external) and resolves customer inquiries quickly. The jobholder directs their efforts to maximize the customer’s experience in alignment with the company’s established customer order policies and guidelines. The jobholder will primarily support customers within assigned account base and seasonal customer segments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain professional, timely and effective communication with all parties.
- Process orders and requests in line with company procedures and propose improvements to procedures and processes.
- Provide timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests.
- Enter and process customer orders/changes according to department policies and procedures.
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve customer complaints, credits, deductions when necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of products, customers, processes, and suppliers.
- Cross & up selling where appropriate.
- Remain fully flexible to meet business requirements and demands.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. 1-3 years related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Previous experience in a customer focused environment, preferably in a similar role in a B2B or B2C environment.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications such as SAP, AS400, Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Able to form, foster, and maintain strong, positive, business relationships across multiple units and sites. Have the ability to demonstrate confidence and the ability to interact at all levels within the organization.
- Able to work independently as well as across functional or matrix team structure.
- Intermediate analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and people skills, including good grammar, voice, and diction.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- An effective collaborator.
- A strong desire for continuous learning and a desire to grow professionally.