Flynn Group of Companies is the leading trade contractor in North America that works on virtually every aspect of a building’s outer layer, including Roofing, Glazing, Waterproofing, and Architectural Metals. The foundation of our award winning success is having the right people on our team.
At Flynn, it's not just a job, it's a career
“Fast paced, excitement of pursuit, rewarding, being part of amazing projects, visiting worksites, overall culture, endless opportunities, having the feeling of some autonomy”
This is what our Project Coordinators coast to coast love most about working at Flynn!
Here at Flynn, we are a family. We offer employment that is exciting, challenging and provide talented people with great opportunities. As the leading trade contractor in North America, our winning success is having the right people on our team.
This position will be based out of our St John', NL branch reporting to the Roofing Manager.
A Day In The Life
- Work with Superintendent & Roofing Manager in scheduling, coordinating and tracking deliveries
- Attend hand off meetings
- Work with team to prepare a comprehensive material list for the project
- Assist the Roofing Manager in preparing takeoffs and estimates for change orders
- Issue submittal packages, samples, bonds and insurances
- Fill out warranties and send close out packages
- Assist team throughout the lifecycle of the project (ie. forecasting, planning, analysis, etc)
- Manage material order and delivery issues
- Log all material orders into the centralized purchasing system for proper tracking and classification
- Act as a liaison between procurement and all departments
- Complete take-offs/estimate or assigned projects
- Follow up on multi-scope or single-scope projects
- Attend pre-bid & post-bid meetings
What We Are Seeking
- Construction Management Diploma, Estimating Certificate, education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask
- General Building Envelope knowledge
- Basics of AutoCAD
What We Offer
- Competitive wages and extended health benefits
- RRSP matching
- Great environment where our motto is “Flynn Family Winning Together”!
- On-going career development courses and programs through our in-house Flynn University
- Location: St John's, NL
- Employment Type: Office, Salaried, Full-time
- Job Functions: Roofing Projects
- Industry: Building Envelope