The DG Global Inc. is one of Canada's largest exporters of containerized agricultural commodities such as soybeans, feed ingredients, pulse crops and cereal grains to over 60 countries around the world.
As a Logistics Coordinator at DG Global Inc., you are responsible for overseeing and coordinating all the execution of customer deliveries. This role will be based out of our HQ Toronto office, reporting to the Logistics Manager. If you have a willingness to learn and drive to succeed, we want to hear from you!
- Build and maintain good relationships with carriers.
- Prepare import and export documentation – including Bill of Lading, Phytosanitary Certificates, Invoices, Certificate of Origin, etc.
- Conformity, review and post ocean, trucking, and supplier invoices for payment.
- Remain responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of the movement of shipments, resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Review files before closing to ensure all processes are adhered to.
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders to ensure best in class performance in the logistics section of the business.
- Achieve targeted cost efficiencies and savings on freight movements.
- Coordinate and monitor the transportation and movements of goods for export.
- The company may assign other duties from time to time.
- Diploma/Degree or certificate in Supply Chain Management, Business, or equivalent experience as an asset.
· minimum 2 years’ experience in logistics and/or an administrative position
- 1 year of experience in freight forwarding an asset.
- Solid computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and working with ERP software considered a plus).
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong organizational, time management and detail-oriented skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter and ability to take direction.
- Strong aptitude in managing time critical situations in a business efficient manner.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- A thirst for knowledge, personal growth, and taking on new challenges.
- Versatile and flexible as is needed in a small business environment.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation, RRSP matching, Extended health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), life insurance, disability, and more.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those candidates under consideration.
DG Global Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To be eligible for this position, you must legally be permitted to work in Canada without any additional sponsorship support from DG Global Inc.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON M6A 3B6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- logistics: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person