Division: Transportation and Construction
Department: Technical Services
Term: 1 Temp Full Time position available for approximately 5 years.
Closing Date: 10/03/2023
Labour Group: SCMMA
This position is responsible for managing elements of the Bus Rapid Transit project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- 1. Manages aspects related to the Bus Rapid Transit project, including mapping and SharePoint site management.
2. Leads a multi-departmental project team; creates work schedules, assesses staffing needs, and identifies resource requirements.
3. Manages specific project plans related to implementation of new policies.
4. Reviews all current policies and bylaws and provides recommendations and direction on required changes.
5. Acts as the lead in identifying, addressing, and recommending responsibilities for project and policy implementation.
6. Issues appropriate purchase orders and manages contracts as required to support implementation.
7. Acts as a primary liaison between the City and involved stakeholders related to project and policy review and development.
8. Develops and coordinates effective budgets and staffing allocations.
9. Develops the business case(s) for implementation of the Bus Rapid Transit project.
10. Prepares written and oral reports in response to stakeholder and corporate enquiries, as required.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in engineering, construction management, project management, business administration or related field.
- Four to six years' progressively responsible related experience, including a minimum of two years’ experience supervising and coordinating the work of staff and/or consultants. Project management of complex projects would be considered an asset.
- Possession of an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Possession of a valid, Class 5 Saskatchewan Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management. Ability to resolve complex issues in a multi-disciplinary environment including conflict management, work program and on-schedule project delivery.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and financial procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop staff.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, identify underlying issues/problems and recommend required changes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and writing, including the ability to prepare and present reports.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned staff, civic officials, representatives of other agencies and the public.
Weekly Hours: 36.67
Salary Range: $86,211.84 to $101,175.60 CAD per annum (2023 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected]