Clearwater Seafood Limited Partnership is recognized for its consistent quality, wide diversity and reliable delivery of premium wild seafood, including Sea Scallops, Argentine Scallops, Lobster, Arctic Surf Clams, Cold Water Shrimp, Snow Crab and an increasing variety of value-added products. Since it’s founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in science, people, technology, resource ownership and resource management to preserve and grow its sustainable seafood resource. This commitment has allowed Clearwater to remain a leader in the North American seafood industry for almost three decades.
Clearwater’s Highland Plant requires a Maintenance Manager
Purpose of Position:
Manage all aspects of the day to day maintenance and preventive maintenance of the Clam, Snow Crab facility at Highland Fisheries in Glace Bay, NS.
This position is responsible to:
Oversee the maintenance of the building, infrastructure and equipment associated with the processing of crab and clam in Highland Fisheries.
This position reports to: Plant Manager
This position has the following positions reporting to it: 5 Maintenance Personnel including all trades.
Duties & Accountabilities (Responsibilities):
- Oversee the maintenance staff to ensure they are performing their work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure maintenance staff are complying with company policies.
- Responsible for day to day performance management of staff including monitor and evaluating work.
- Plan and delegate work to maintenance staff including issuing of work orders.
- Manage a preventative maintenance program to ensure downtime is kept at a minimum.
- Oversee upkeep of the facility, infrastructure and equipment and keep it in proper working order.
- Perform maintenance and repairs as required.
- Manage spare parts and replacement of equipment.
Key Behavioral Competencies (Personal Characteristics):
- Professional Attitude
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning and administrative skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Self starter
- Willingness to learn new things
- Location: Glace Bay, NS
- Travel: Occasional travel
- Physical Demands: Manual labor, walking
- Environment: Cool, damp environment
- Schedule: Weekdays, nights and weekends as required
- A relevant trade designation required; Industrial electrician preferrred
- Minimum of three years experience leading or supervising a team
- Minimum of three years experience supervising maintenance activities
- Excellent computer skills required
- Experience with SAP an asset
- Experience with a variety of types of equipment i.e. pumps, hydraulics, packaging equipment, conveyors
- Experience in the food industry an asset
- Training in confined space, lock out etc. an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Glace Bay, NS B1A 6C9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a minimum of three years experience leading or supervising a team in maintenance activities?
Work Location: In person