WHY BE A BEAUTY MANAGER WITH SHOPPERS DRUG MART?
You will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand.
The Beauty Manager is exciting and rewarding, you will strive for excellence and successfully motivate and engage your team to work towards their targets. In this role, you always put the customer first, and employ strategic thinking on what is necessary to maintain a strong team culture while achieving sales targets.
The ideal Beauty Manager
- Drive and passion – drive beauty sales, champion the Customer experience, plan and drive execution and overall improvement
- Leadership – analyze and solve problems, support strategies, apply business acumen
- Engage our People – build collaborative relationships and talent; lead, engage and inspire staff; communicate effectively and influence others
- Demonstrate Personal Leadership – build trust, adapt and learn, lead by example on all initiatives (e.g. Client Consultations, Makeup Artistry, etc.)
- Demonstrate Planning, Judgment and Decision Making - independent thinking and decision making when dealing with issues related to customer’s needs and wants, ability to ask the right questions leading to product choice for the appropriate solutions
- Work in conjunction with the Associate-Owner and Front Store Manager to prepare and implement the Store plan and standards
- Assist in determining that financial objectives are established and achieved, using corporate Sales Tracking Tools to set sales goals and adapt sales program to meet targets
What you Bring
- 2-5+ years’ retails/ sales experience with a proven track record of achieving sales goals
- Excellent communication, leadership and time management skills
- Experience and confidence managing and supervising a team
- Cosmetic experience – Proven ability to demonstrate make-up application, fragrance, skin care consultations
- Commitment to providing excellence in Customer Service
- Ability to work flexible shifts to support needs of this business, including evenings, weekend, and all National Event Days
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
- Ability to bend and stretch to stock shelves
- Ability to work in a fragrance filled environment
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
* Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted *
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
- retail: 1 year (preferred)
- beauty: 1 year (preferred)
- management: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person