POSITION TITLE: SEWING MACHINE OPERATOR
REPORTS TO: Assistant Production Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Regular, Full-Time, Days
ABOUT ALLSEATING: For more than 40 years, ALLSEATING has been a leader in the design and development of solutions that adjust to the needs of customers in the office, educational, and healthcare industries. Our 150,000 square foot facility in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada is home to our broad line of seating solutions. Whether it’s through innovative designs or comprehensive service programs, we’re always working at making people feel comfortable.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Assistant Production Manager, the Sewing Machine Operator is responsible for sewing and surging various types of fabrics and ensuring each finished product meets ALLSEATING quality standards.
The Sewing Machine Operator is responsible for the following:
- Following work instructions;
- Identifying irregularities on fabric before sewing starts;
- Operating single or double needle sewing machine(s);
- Operating the surging machine to sew and overcast edges of fabrics;
- Installing zippers, velcro, or straps to predetermined sections and pieces of fabric;
- Maintaining a clean work environment; and
- Other duties as required.
- Must be capable of performing repetitive tasks in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
- Must be able to sit at work station for extended periods;
- Must be comfortable operating and controlling a single needle, double needle or surge machines;
- Must be able to work as part of a team;
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively;
- Must work in an organized manner; and
- Must possess a strong attention to detail.
- High school diploma;
- English language proficiency (read/write/speak); and
- Previous sewing experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Manufacturing; and
- Prolonged sitting at a work station.
Personal Protection Equipment Required:
If you are a team player and looking for a position to demonstrate your drive, enthusiasm and initiative, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please submit your resume and salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest in ALLSEATING; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
ALLSEATING is an equal opportunity employer. If applicable, in accordance with AODA standards, please inform ALLSEATING of accommodations that are required during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5R 3M3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What is your hourly rate expectation?
- sewing: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person