Are you a career-minded individual with either hands on experience with hose/fitting assembly, or a desire to learn? If so, we’ve got the job for you:
- Full-time hours (Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm) in Burlington
- Competitive starting wages with excellent training opportunities
- Medical benefits, profit sharing, and a company matching pension plan
- Job security, and growth opportunities – we promote from within!
It’s not every day that you come across an opportunity like this.
Today’s that day. We are R.W. Hamilton, and our Burlington branch is looking for you.
Who are we?
We’re a proud, family-owned company that’s been in business since 1952 (69 years!). We are one of Southern Ontario’s most respected industrial distributors, supplying fluid power components, power transmission products, and industrial supplies to a variety of customers in the Petro-chemical, food & beverage processing, tank truck, HVAC, construction, and hydraulic machinery industries (and many more).
Joining our team means starting a career. If you’ve been searching for a stable opportunity, with a company you can grow with long-term, look no further.
As our new Warehouse Associate/Assembler, you’ll have an exciting, hands-on role with a lot of day-to-day variety. If you’re mechanically inclined, and enjoy working with tools and people, this is the role for you.
You’ll work in our warehouse to:
- Assemble industrial hoses per customer specifications
- Pick and package customer orders for shipment
- Assist walk-in customers picking up orders
- Take calls from customers and suppliers during busy times
- Interact with couriers and drivers picking up and dropping off orders
- Handle shipping and receiving duties like accepting orders and loading/unloading trucks
We guarantee you’ll learn a ton here. You’ll get to know our industry, products, and customers, and eventually you’ll be taking orders from point A to point Z, on your own.
The Right Fit:
In addition to your mechanical inclination and technical hands-on experience with hoses and fittings, you’ll thrive on our team because you are:
- Friendly – you have a positive attitude and enjoy meeting and working with diverse groups of people.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking – you know how to prioritize, so fast-paced environments don’t stress you out
- Customer service-oriented – you understand what makes great customer service. Your strong communication and follow-up skills means your customers are always satisfied.
- Reliable – you take pride in your strong work ethic and dependability.
Working @ R.W. Hamilton:
We’re a stable, and growing, company with who you can grow roots. We’ve created a family atmosphere with a flexible and open work environment.
Over half our staff has been with us for more than 10 years, and that’s because we strive to give our people opportunities for growth. If you show interest and aptitude, you’ll have a chance to move into sales, or even warehouse management as you grow with us.
- You’re mechanically inclined with experience working with hands, light tools, and equipment
- Experience working in a customer facing role and ability to communicate clearly with diverse groups of people
And here’s what would be a bonus:
- Hands on assembly experience with hoses and fittings
- Experience working in a warehouse environment (pick/packing, shipping/receiving, or similar)
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation
How to Apply:
Our online application gives you the chance to apply as more than just a resume. We’ll assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, which should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll be able to view your results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.