Modern condominium complex located in downtown Dartmouth is seeking to recruit and hire an experienced, motivated, and detailed oriented live-in Maintenance & Cleaning Superintendent. This role can be shared between two individuals living in the Superintendent unit.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance and when needed, supplement third-party snow removal services to ensure the property is safe and orderly.
- With the Property Manager, coordinate services conducted by third-party service providers. This includes granting access, on-site supervision, and validating that work is completed by contractors as per term sheets.
- Monitor and test the following building systems as required:
- Conduct monthly checks on the fire safety systems which includes emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, pull stations and common area exit doors.
- Corridor ventilation.
- Lighting, electric timers and/or photocells.
- Monitor heating and chiller system which includes boilers, pumps, hot water tanks, rooftop air conditioning units.
- Garage doors and exit door systems.
- Maintain the exterior of the property, including mowing of grass.
- Security camera system, monitor the cameras at request and program fobs.
- Conduct and record daily checks of mechanical rooms, reporting any unusual situations.
- Report, and record as required, maintenance, resident concerns, building component failures, and other emergencies to the Property Manager on a timely basis.
- Proactively identify repairs or property concerns that should be addressed.
- Establish and maintain a good rapport with residents and respond to resident requests in an appropriate manner, escalating requests, issues, or concerns to the Property Manager as required.
- Be a point of contact for residents, service providers, and the Property Manager (in person, by cell phone, or e-mail) during working hours. Respond to after-hour emergencies as required.
- Manage move in & move outs to ensure no damage occurs to the property and that security of the building is maintained.
- Update intercom software/panel and key fobs upon resident changes.
- Update storage locker list and maintain parking lot assignments with resident changes.
- Monitor security of building through visual inspection and camera surveillance, when requested.
- Become familiar with property rules and regulations. Conduct inspections of the common elements including the parking garage, storage areas, balconies and exterior grounds. Note any violations, post notices and report infractions to the Property Manager.
- Distribute correspondence to residents as required.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- 5 to 8 years previous building superintendent experience preferred
- Previous repair and maintenance experience in a multi-unit residential building
- Previous experience monitoring building systems such as electrical/HVAC, mechanical, fire prevention/detection, and security
- Must pass criminal background check
Skills & Abilities:
- A self-starter who exhibits a high level of professionalism and competence.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize work effectively.
- A good listener with the ability to respond quickly and diplomatically to resident inquiries and issues.
- Physically able to perform cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Possess the required skills and experience to perform minor maintenance and repair tasks, including painting; always adhere to relevant safety standards.
- Knowledge of current relevant building codes is preferred.
- Basic computer skills including email.
In this position, the individuals who meet these criteria will be offered a competitive compensation package, including a modern 1 bedroom and den unit. Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their resumes to: Real Estate 360 Property Advisory Limited, 33 Alderney Drive, Suite 650, Dartmouth, NS, B2Y 2N4 or by replying to this ad
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25,000.00-$35,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person