Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial, and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Focusing solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes, and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load, and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining's support people and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining's products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold, and other mineral resources, and the company employs people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique growth opportunities:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package (health & dental, vision coverage, healthcare spending account, and life insurance)
- Personal wellness spending account
- Company-sponsored registered pension plan (RPP) and matching program.
- Safety boot voucher
- Paid vacation
- Company-supplied tools
- 4/5 Rating on Glassdoor
- Sustainable employment
- Ability to be a part of an exciting, innovative company developing new state-of-the-art technology and equipment
- Discussion regarding full compensation package conducted upon initial pre-screen
Please visit our website https://www.komatsu.com/careers/ for more information.
We are currently looking to add a Service Administrator - 6 month contract to our Fort McMurray team.
Reports to: Supervisor Service Administration
Shift: 5 x 2; Mon – Fri, 8 hours per day
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Length: 6 month contract
- Report and analyze a project throughout its duration by running various cost reports to analyze labor, materials and services costs to quickly and accurately focus on the pressing cost issues and catch potential problems early during the project and at its final stage
- Create Service Orders in SAP; update service orders in SAP to reflect current project stage; close service orders upon invoicing and ensure the costs are assigned appropriately.
- Assist with planning resources by issuing labor confirmation numbers for personnel
- Ensure the operations personnel use the correct purchase order references and labor confirmation codes for the specific operational tasks
- Assist operations personnel to track the costs for the change requests in projects
- Create purchase requisitions for materials and services according to the budgeted project costs
- Initiate POs via issuing purchase requisitions in a timely and efficient manner; assist purchasing department to close-off POs; issue Sales Order Acknowledgements; ensure correct PO references on paperwork
- Purchase order reconciliations
- Costing reports and accruals
- Support and document continuous improvement initiatives within your job functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualifications 1-2 years Accounting background with exposure to Cost Accounting and Project Administration
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service, communication (verbal and written) skills
- Attention to detail, a must
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills - a team player
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft office (excel, word, project)
Komatsu (Joy Global - Canada) is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
While we appreciate all applicant submissions, only those considered to be most qualified will be contacted for further assessment.
Note to Recruiters: Komatsu and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Komatsu, directly or indirectly, will be considered Komatsu property. Komatsu will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written, and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.