Building Technologies Consulting Inc. (BTC Group) is a rapidly growing Building Science Engineering firm that specializes in capital asset management of existing building portfolios for Institutional, Commercial and Industrial (ICI) property owners. Our fields of expertise include, roofing, cladding, glazing and curtain wall, below-grade waterproofing, asphalt pavement systems, concrete restoration and other building envelope related systems.
Our group of experienced technical personnel provides owners with architectural design reviews and timely field reviews to assist with new construction projects. With existing building portfolio, we provide failure investigations, guide owners through timely asset maintenance and repairs and provide optimized engineering design solutions for rehabilitation projects.
BTC Group is privately owned, with offices in GTA, Hamilton, Moncton and Calgary, and head office in Ottawa. In addition, BTC Group currently manages work across Canada, and could potentially expand into other Canadian markets. BTC Group is a mid-sized firm with large sized goals and aspirations, and this enables us to provide our employees with opportunities to grow, and the support to do so.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to a “Bilingual Civil Engineering” professional with pavement experience to join our team. The successful candidate will manage and deliver a variety of pavement engineering and pavement management projects throughout the Ottawa, Toronto, or Calgary areas.
- Develop, plan, organize and carry out pavement evaluations and investigations.
- Prepare asphalt pavement system repair designs to meet client needs including phasing and traffic control.
- Write and review/approve reports and specifications, prepare proposals and make clients presentations.
- Adhere to project budgets and objectives.
- Coordinate and carry out field inspection of construction works.
- Provide technical supervision of field inspection and testing staff at construction sites and in the office.
- Perform senior review of detailed engineering analysis, design and reporting for assigned projects.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Manage Projects independently while cooperating with a team for larger national account programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- University Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 2 - 4 years of relevant working experience since graduation.
- Member of Professional Engineers Ontario (P.Eng.) or other provincial association, or the ability to be licensed in the near future.
- Experience completing pavement designs and evaluations of flexible (asphalt pavement), rigid (Portland cement concrete) and composite (asphalt concrete over Portland cement concrete).
- Experience preparing pavement design and pavement evaluation reports.
- Expertise in pavement condition assessments including analysis of FWD, smoothness and friction data.
- Extensive knowledge of pavement construction methods, materials, and specifications.
- Familiarity with engineering and construction practices in Ontario, other provinces is an asset.
- Proven success in managing and executing project engineering investigations and research, conducting evaluations and analytical work.
- Fully bilingual English/French
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
BTC provides a competitive salary and benefits package including
· Some limited flexibility in work hours
· Health benefits package, including dental and prescription drugs
· Corporate RRSP plan, with contribution matching by BTC
· Paid sick leave and personal time off
· Life insurance and critical illness insurance coverage
Please submit your cover letter and resume to directly through the job posting on Indeed.
We thank all who apply; however, only those candidates selected to advance in the selection process will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- civil engineering: 2 years (preferred)
- transportation and traffic engineering: 1 year (preferred)
- English and French (required)