Job Title: Assistant Production Manager, Manufacturing Plant
- Support Demo Plant site preparation to meet all Demo Plant operational needs.
- Support installation of Demo plant components through effective interface with plumbing and electrical service providers as well as taking on and completing all ranges of tasks to support Demo Plant completion.
- Once plant is assembled, support all level of activities in day-to-day activity of the plant ranging from chemical testing, supplies stocking and ordering, equipment operations, powder processing, maintenance, process improvement, vendor interface, equipment ordering, etc.
- Interact and collaborate with Louisville R&D team to foster cooperation, accelerate innovation, produce results, and assist R&D with product assimilation into production.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Maintain high degree of familiarity with equipment used in processing, and be able to research, recommend, procure, install, and operate equipment.
- Monitor and achieve project milestones within timeline and on budget.
- Partner with Engineering to achieve production goals.
- Experience with new plant start-up.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced cost and schedule conscious environment.
- Demonstrated record of achievement supporting analytical research and product development from discovery to commercialization phases.
- Previous experience with chemical plant operations, chemical lab testing procedures, maintenance procedures.
- Proven track record of attention to detail, problem solving and decision-making skills, and safety focus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Education: Secondary School diploma required, Associate or Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Work Experience: 3-5 years of technician type experience in Chemical Processing, R&D and transference to manufacturing or application development.
- Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
This position operates in an industrial/manufacturing environment. The duties of the role routinely require the use (and/or engagement) of heavy machinery and equipment as well as standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and lift and reach with hands and arms.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., which includes a one-hour lunch break. The responsibilities of this role, however, may from time to time, require work outside of the Company’s standard office hours.
This position may require domestic and international travel and/or relocation.
We offer competitive compensation, paid time off, and opportunities for professional development.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a strong background in facility operations, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $80,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Stock options
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-02-01