Department of Justice and Public Safety
Assistant Director HR Operations - PB 7
Who we are
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Justice and Public Safety is dedicated to the rule of law, the promotion of the public interest, and the impartial administration of justice and works to improve the safety, security and resiliency of communities and citizens.
We are seeking a dynamic, future-thinking and self-motivated individual to fill the role of Assistant Director of Operations within the Human Resources Branch.
What you will do
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the incumbent will assist with the day-to-day operations by providing ongoing leadership and coaching to a team of human resources professionals that are responsible for providing advice, guidance and support in the areas of human resources to employees and people leaders. This position will enable excellence in client service delivery by ensuring consistent and timely HR client service delivery, while being flexible in meeting the unique needs, priorities and operational challenges of each division.
Key responsibilities of the successful candidate will include but are not limited to:
- Leading and engaging a team of HR professionals in the effective delivery of HR services.
- Setting clear priorities and coordinating, assigning and monitoring work assignments for timely service delivery and proper file management.
- Orienting new employees and providing ongoing coaching and development to ensure consistent quality service.
- Providing guidance, support and advice to human resources staff in case file management, including the consistent interpretation and application of policies and collective agreements.
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to management on complex HR related matters.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of new programs or process improvement initiatives.
- Maintaining HR statistics and identifying improvement areas.
- Your work environment will be in the form of a dedicated office with possibility for flexibility
- Your Team will be comprised of approximately 8 full time employees
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:15-4:30 with possibility for flexibility
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Behavioural competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Developing Others
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Organizational Commitment
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
Technical competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Human Resources Management
- Specialized Suject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
Need to have
- University degree in a related field.
- Seven (7) years of related work experience, of which 2 years must be in managing and/or leading teams
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal history clearance and security clearance check.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required, please state your language capability.
Nice to Have (their asset qualifications)
- Experience in HR
- CPHR Designation
Candidates must demonstrate on their applications how they have acquired the education and experience for this position. Your résumé should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Some travel within the province may be required.
Pay Band 7: $86,970 to $105,222 annually depending on education and experience.
What can GNB offer you?
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- 1 paid Volunteer Day per year to give back to your community.
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health & safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health & Safety.
How to apply?
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by mail at the following address or by email at of [email protected] by December 1, 2023 indicating competition number R78-2023-24 1098.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Justice and Public Safety
Human Resources Branch
Marysville Place ¿ 20 McGloin Street, 3rd floor
Fredericton, NB E3A 5T8
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.