Reporting to District or Area Manager, the Store Manager (SM) is accountable for leading all aspects of their store’s business. Through attracting, leading and developing Team Members, the SM drives key business results by ensuring all aspects of the in-store experience are delivered consistently and in alignment with our commitment to providing our community members with excellent service and spreading global wellness.
While fostering an environment that delivers upon the Company’s Culture and Service ethos, this role balances an operational mindset, strong business acumen, and a people-centric approach to increasing productivity and profitability of the retail business.
The SM is accountable to create annual and quarterly strategies for growing their business, focusing on People, Operations, Visual Merchandising and Community outreach.
Through day to day functions, the Store Manager contributes to maintaining and strengthening Saje’s culture; proactively engaging in behaviours that align with Saje’s values: Wellness, Growth, Celebration, Greatness and Belonging.
- Attract, hire, and train Team Members who are committed to creating the conditions for financial wellness in our Retail stores
- Engage, develop and retain top talent by leveraging their expertise and unique skillsets
- Ensure that development and succession planning happen at all levels of the tea
- Create and maintain a succession strategy
- Administer mid-year and annual reviews, sets goals, and deliver feedback regularly with direct reports
- Establish and maintain key communication rhythms including Team Meetings, regular connects with Assistant Store Managers, and weekly, monthly and quarterly business updates
- Create annual and quarterly strategic plans to support growth of the business
- Generate business results and achieve key KPIs including revenue and comp growth goals, AVS, IPT, traffic, conversion, loyalty program growth and labour targets
- Display strong business acumen and analytical skills in order to growth the store business
- Ensure Team Members are equipped with the product knowledge they need to make intentional recommendations for Community Members
- Uphold presentation standards, and assess and action merchandising opportunities in order to elevate the in-store experience
- Cultivate an environment of excellent community member service, sharing our awesome products and spreading wellness through the in-store experience
- Take a proactive and innovative approach to growing the business through test/learn, Greenbook optimization, and strategic community outreach
- Inspire and uplift your peer group through peer coaching, collaboration and by embodying our core values
- Choose culture first in everything you do, with a commitment to personal growth and self-awareness
- Create a team environment where all Team Members consistently experience a sense of belonging and inclusion
- Leadership disposition - A visionary leader who is naturally warm and compassionate towards others with an insatiable drive to exceed results and celebrate successes
- Retail experience - Has a deep understanding of the Retail environment; an expert in delivering experiences to community members and have proven sales floor leadership
- Getting product on people - You're excited to share our product with people and educate on how our unique formulations elevate wellness
- People leader - You've led Retail Team Members before and understand how to inspire a team to achieve results
- Community connector - Leverages an entrepreneurial approach to building a brand through relationship building and creating resonant experiences
- Track record of success - Has achieved or exceeded success metrics 90% of the time throughout career; performances reviews are in top echelon; promotions were earned faster than most
- Stamina and positive attitude - Thrives in a challenge; is solutions focused; will see bright side of situations, despite adversity, never gives up
- Never satisfied with the status quo - Understands the need for constant evolution of strategies that fits the needs of our every-changing business
- Wellness persona - You're passionate about wellness and incorporate wellness into your everyday routine
Reporting to the District Manager