The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Riverport | Richmond is seeking a Corporate Sales Coordinator who will be responsible for achieving market segment revenues and occupancy targets. The successful candidate will be proactive and innovative with their sales approach to achieve the desired budget results.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Implement and keep current the rolling sales and marketing action plans designed to maximize hotel revenue.
- Personally conduct sales calls, develop accounts and establish relationships with key corporate and/or government agencies.
- Take reservations, process payments, create group blocks and prepare contracts.
- Communicate and organize any special arrangements of client's request.
- Ensure client files are kept organized and current with all required information.
- Detail function requirement accurately on Banquet Event Order (BEOs) ensuring the client signs off on the functions.
- Participate at exhibition, shows, promotional events as required.
- Ensure professional and timely follow-up of all correspondence and/or contracts.
- Set goals and objectives on an on-going basis with the General Manager and Group Sales Coordinator to formulate and prepare the Sales & Marketing plan.
- Coordinate and contract event space and guest rooms, arrange meeting details and work with the team to maintain the budgeted revenue through solicitation of business.
- Provide timely and professional reporting of all sales activities to the General Manager.
- Ensure a positive hotel profile is maintained in the local community in order to secure new business and nurture existing accounts thus maximizing revenue opportunities.
- Understand the hotel's strategies and meet goals through a targeted action plan.
- Actively participate in revenue management meeting and strategy sessions.
- Liaise with the guest service, food and beverage as well as management teams.
- A minimum of 2 years hotel front desk experience.
- Previous experience with Holidex and/or Opera considered an asset.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude with knowledge of the Greater Vancouver Area.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and management.
- Manage the customer decision and relationship process.
- Ability to think clearly, analyze and resolve complaints while exercising good judgement.
- Previous hotel sales and marketing experience an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook.
- Proven interpersonal skills with a track record for successful client interactions.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on the business requirements.
- Ability to ensure client confidentiality and hotel data.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC V6W 1E7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person