At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of ‘Service. Relationships. Results.’ is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations – from supply chain logistics, to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC’s Top Employers 12 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
Reporting to a department manager, the Administrative Assistant is temporarily assigned to a business unit and is responsible for the provision of clerical/administrative duties in support of the business unit within the Branch. Specific duties in support of the assigned department are required, and may involve providing financial, human resources, and customer service support.
A criminal record check is required.
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (GED). Preference may be given to candidates who have related post-secondary education or training in business administration or a related field.
- Significant recent experience in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment providing administrative, financial and operational support in an office environment. Preference may be given to candidates with at least 2 years of this experience.
- Experience in word processing, preparing spread-sheets and databases, and other standard computer applications (i.e. MS Outlook and MS Office).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing is required.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience in dealing with the public and internal clients/customers.
- Proven ability demonstrating good judgement and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply and interpret policies/practices.
- Intermediate MS Office skills including proficiency with Word, Outlook and Excel. Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm is required.
- Demonstrated abilities such as: strong attention to detail; and the ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- Ability to adjust to changes quickly.
Starting Salary: Grid Level R9, Step 1: $26.6826 Hourly and $48,729.07 annually
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $26.68 per hour
- On-site parking
- Work from home
Work Location: In person