Are you an Electrician Journeyperson interested in relocating to the GTA without worrying about housing? Nikita Construction is currently spearheading Sandman hotel construction projects in the GTA and is proud to offer employee housing for Electrician Journeypersons from outside the GTA, along with an hourly wage of $40 - $45 per hour.
Reporting to the foreman, our electrician must ensure all work is completed in compliance with relevant safety regulations and company policies. They will follow project specifications and timelines, working efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines. Effective communication with supervisors and team members is essential to maintain high standards of quality and efficiency.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Properly and safely install, replace and repair electrical systems, lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels, including energy-efficient systems
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, circuit diagrams, and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations, including in-slab installations.
- Pull wire through conduits and holes in walls and floors.
- Splice, join, and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits.
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment.
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of the system following installation, replacement, or repair.
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components.
- Connect electrical power to audio and visual communication equipment, signaling devices, and heating and cooling systems.
- Plan and execute electrical installations, including EMT and conduit work.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
- Support the growth and development of company culture
- Performs other duties as required
- 2 years of working experience as an Electrician
- Red Seal or Journeyman certificate or equivalent
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial building codes.
What else will make you succeed in this role:
- Must be able to stand and/or be on their feet 10-12 hours/day working in outdoor weather and/or unregulated temperatures
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and use proper lifting techniques for heavy items weighing more than 25 kilograms
- Must be able to climb scaffoldings.
What do you get:
- Possesses and maintains necessary tools, equipment, and protective gear.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with health & safety regulations, procedures and company policies.
- Adheres to project specifications and timelines ensuring high standards of quality and efficiency.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Work in conjunction with crew members to complete field projects or tasks.
- Displays high levels of motivation, energy, and forward-thinking.
- Listens attentively and follows instructions carefully.
- Accommodation is provided for free for candidates living outside ON
- Fair wages determined by skill set and experience
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health including vision and Dental Care (after 3 months of full-time service)
- Employee discounts across the Sandman group hotels and resorts.
- 25% discount at selected restaurants for up to 6 people
- ½ price passes/lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort for up to 4 people
- HumanaCare free mental health support & counselling
- Excellent career growth opportunities as part of the growing company.
- Collaborative, friendly working environment.
*** We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.
*** You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.