As a leading partner in healthcare, Medline Canada's sole purpose is Together Improving Care – this means being deeply committed to the health and well-being of our customers, employees, partners and our communities. We employ a diverse group of top talent focused on growing and making a difference in the lives of Canadians, coast-to-coast.
Compensation is only one part of the Employee Value Proposition that Medline Canada offers our employees. As part of our mission, we offer one of the most competitive and engaging employee experience programs in Canada, which includes:
- Collaborative work environment with highly engaged employees
- Market competitive compensation and benefits plan, including LTD & Insurance
- DPSP match program
- Annual Employee Appreciation Week
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Lifeworks® Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Resources supporting mental, physical, family and financial well-being
- Career growth and training programs
- Open communication with Senior Leaders
- Tailored incentives for eligible employee groups, such as home office reimbursement and Sylvan Learning Centre credit
- Employee referral program
- Education support programs
- Fitness subsidy
- Recognition programs
- Social activities
- And much more…
The Operations Manager is responsible for every aspect of the day-to-day warehouse operations and is involved the long-term planning for the branch and will share in both the responsibilities and benefits of management metrics such as Formula, Target and adherence to the facility’s business plan
Position Type: Full-time
Territory: Guelph, ON
Reporting to: National Director, Operations
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and supervise the coordination of available labour with work requirements to ensure completion of all tasks accurately and on a timely basis, while minimizing the total labour utilized and specifically overtime
- Provide leadership on the floor for both hourly associates and leadership team, maintaining positive employee relations
- Coordinate activities in various parts of the operation (e.g. shipping v/s receiving) taking into account all capacity and system issues, in order to ensure smooth workflow; monitor work and processes to ensure product is handled correctly and efficiently from receipt through to shipping
- Maintain inventory integrity through training and implementation of proper techniques and through use of cycle counts
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace by being familiar with, and enforcing, all Medline safety rules and ensuring proper housekeeping takes place and is documented
- Long range planning of staffing levels and space utilization to account for growth and the changing profile of the business
- Research and respond to Operation Service Issues and share results with hourly associates as appropriate
- Act as point of contact for internal and external customers including transport carriers, Medline customer service, branch vendors, etc.
- When branch is a multi-shift operation, ensure cooperation and coordination between shifts, both in terms of lead personnel and work flow, to minimize any loss of productivity or accuracy during shift changes
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in manufacturing, distribution, in a large-scale business
- Previous experience with SAP WMS considered an asset
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional listening and problem resolution skills; strong organizational skills; ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with dedication to meeting deadlines
- Intermediate level of skill in Word and Excel with a desire to learn additional software applications as needed to support and enhance departmental goals
- Strong knowledge of Medline customer care processes and procedural guidelines
- SAP screens directly and indirectly related to warehouse management considered an asset
- A team player with a constructive approach to challenges
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Must be flexible with work hours, able to spend time on any shift the facility works, and physically capable of performing normal warehouse duties (e.g. lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, kneeling, operate MHE as required)
About Medline Canada
Medline Canada stands at the forefront of healthcare, providing expertise and a breadth of solutions for every care setting. With 550+ employees, including 100 dedicated sales and clinical professionals and eight distribution centres located coast-to-coast, Medline Canada is proud to serve the entire continuum of care.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity
Medline Canada is committed to diversity and inclusivity and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons/persons of colour and those who identify as women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ+ persons.
Our commitment to Accessibility
Medline Canada is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We endeavor to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected].
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.