Wabash Mfg. Inc. is a fast-paced heavy equipment manufacturing and repair company located in Westlock, AB that is seeking a full-time SHIPPER/RECEIVER for our parts warehouse.
The successful candidate can expect to:
- Perform all shipping & receiving department duties.
- Physical lifting required.
- Determine optimal methods of shipment and prepare bills of lading.
- Package goods for shipping with accurate identifying information.
- Load and unload delivery trucks using the safest, most efficient methods.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices. Communicate any discrepancies.
- Follow-up with purchasing personnel when necessary to ensure all PO details are accurate and complete.
- Unpack and route specific goods to appropriate on-site locations in a timely manner.
- Document all movement of parts/materials using appropriate paperwork.
- Pick and bill out parts to proper projects in timely manner.
- Safely operate forklift and pallet jack.
- Know and abide by safe storage and handling procedures (WHMIS).
- Ensure shipping/receiving areas are organized at all times.
- Cross-train in and provide back-up support to other areas in dept.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner internally and externally.
- Contribute to the entire warehouse team success.
To be a top performer in this role, you:
- Have a minimum 2 years of similar industry warehouse shipping/receiving experience.
- Are certified or have experience operating a forklift.
- Are computer proficient using MS Office, on-line shipping websites, and ERP software.
- Possess the qualities to seek out inefficiencies and create new solutions.
- Are confident in accurate data entry and attention to detail capability.
- Are able to speak and write clear, fluent English.
To fit into our team, we need someone who:
- Brings a POSITIVE, CAN-DO ATTITUDE to work.
- Is reliable and able to commit to a full-time Mon-Fri work schedule.
- Has a true interest in providing internal and external customer service, is eager to learn more and can retain information.
- Has very strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Is able to adapt to changing priorities and interruptions.
- A comprehensive health benefits plan and matching RRSP program
- Bonuses based on health and attendance initiatives
- A family-oriented, stable business with a friendly work environment
Please send cover letter, resume, references on-line through this application process.
All offers of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a company provided pre-employment physical & drug/alcohol exam.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Parts Warehouse shipping/receiving: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person