Who We Are
Headquartered in Puslinch, Ontario, with a second location in Trenton; Bryan’s Auction Services Ltd. is the home of great deals! We're a safe and reliable marketplace that connects a nation of buyers and sellers to delivery a winning experience. Dating back to our first auction in 1972, Bryan’s has evolved from small in-person auctions to a trusted online platform that makes buying and selling effortless and efficient. By offering a seamless end-to-end transparent process, Bryan’s has grown into a well-recognized and respected business in the industry with a steady history of growth and profitability providing winning experiences for everyone.
But beyond what it says on our website, like our founder Bryan Lillycrop and his son Ken, we are passionate not only about helping clients manage the asset transition process and buyers find great deals, but about creating a collaborative and diverse working environment that supports the personal and professional growth of each of our team members.
We are seeking a customer-service focused Auction Associate who will complete warehouse, inventory, and yard tasks and is responsible for inventorying consigned items, merchandising the auction floor, providing exceptional customer service, and delivering on the winning experience for clients and customers.
The Ins and Outs of the Job
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, the Auction Associate is directly responsible for:
- Receiving consignment items from clients, completing inventory intake procedures, and assigning consignor and lot numbers
- Following data entry and picture-taking processes for each item
- Ensuring that information entered in the database is accurate and consistent,
- Maintaining accountability for all information (consignor numbers, inventory numbers, etc.)
- Researching product information on consigned items from appropriate sources (Google, manufacturers, subject matter experts, other staff, etc.), use good judgment when encountering unusual items and seek assistance to ensure accurate descriptions and information.
- Participating in data entry audit procedures to verify descriptions and photos to ensure accuracy before bidding opens
- Attending staff training sessions to keep up-to-date on new data input methods and photo requirements
- Identifying lots for optimum sales
- Setting up building layout and floor plans for easy and safe viewing, and to maximize returns
- Ensuring the building is clean and set up for viewing.
- Assisting customers to find items during viewing, answering questions about auction items and processes
- Planning and tracking storage of warehouse-related consignment for future and past auctions
- Participating in load-out procedures, assist customers with loading when necessary
- Continually increasing and expanding upon your knowledge by maintaining in-depth product knowledge, changes to industry trends, and best practices relevant to your position.
- Carrying out out tasks in inclement weather conditions safely and efficiently.
- Working according to the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Bryan’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Performing all duties with careful consideration to safeguard your health and safety, and that of your coworkers.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
A dependable warehouse professional, you:
- Are comfortable working in a team environment, but can execute independent work with ease.
- Are detail-oriented and understand that the little things often leave the biggest impression with customers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where no two days look exactly the same.
- Are highly organized and able to prioritize in order to manage your time and resources effectively.
- Are safety-conscious and work in a way that protects you and your peers.
Your education and career path are likely to have culminated in:
- Completion of high school, or equivalent life experience
- 1-3 years inventory experience (auction industry preferred)
- 1+ years retail merchandising experience
- Solid customer service skills as well as verbal and written communication abilities
- Forklift experience
- Impeccable attention to detail
While we’re not necessarily looking for someone who fits every one of these criteria, the person who will be successful in this role will likely meet the majority of both the hard and soft skills. Values play an important role in ‘how’ the business is managed and the behavioral competencies measured across the organization include contributing to a safe and healthy work environment, client and customer focus, dignity and respect, diversity and inclusiveness, accountability, and social responsibility.
The Interviewing Process
Candidates can expect that the interviewing process will generally include:
- An in-person interview with the Site Manager and Human Resources Manager (you’ll also have a chance to tour our facility!)
- Professional reference checks
We understand that candidates who are currently employed will have to provide a notice period and respect the need for this vital transition. While we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible, we will establish a mutually agreed upon start date.
The Compensation Package
You will be rewarded for a job well done with a/an:
- Hourly that accurately reflects what you bring to the role, starting in the $21-25/hour range depending on experience
- Competitive vacation and additional paid time off package
- Group insurance plan for you and your dependents
- Health Care Spending Account
- Professional growth and development, and continual learning opportunities.
Additionally, you will be joining a Company that:
- Has been built by a leadership team that genuinely cares about the people that work within our organization.
- Comes together to support our local community through a variety of giving and support initiatives.
- Likes to shake it up and have some fun together from time-to-time.
- Supports a diverse workforce – we’re proud to say our employees span all generations and backgrounds.
How to Apply
Ready to bid on your future with Bryan’s? If this role sounds like it might be right for you, kindly submit a resume for consideration as soon as possible. If this isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who might be successful in this position please encourage them to reach out to us!
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in working with Bryan’s, however only qualified applicants will be invited to move through the interviewing process. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all candidates no matter their sex, gender identity or expression, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected ground under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), Bryan’s Auction Services Ltd. is committed to providing accessible employment practices for every person. Applicants who require accommodation during the recruiting process are asked to make their requests directly to the Human Resources department by calling 519-837-0710. We will make every effort to ensure that accommodation requests are met throughout the recruitment process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$25.00 per hour
- Company events
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bryan's is not on a bus route. Employees must have a reliable way to get to and from work without relying on public transportation.
- This position requires associates to work two Saturdays each month from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- Retail or customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Inventory: 1 year (preferred)
- fluent English (required)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person