K-Bro Linen Systems is the largest owner and operator of laundry and linen processing facilities in Canada and a market leader in the UK. We provide a range of environmentally responsible linen services to healthcare and hotel customers.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Maintenance Manager to lead our Maintenance team in our state-of-the-art Edmonton facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance operations and ensuring the smooth functioning of our facility. This is a rewarding opportunity for a motivated individual with progressive experience in production facility maintenance.
- Lead the maintenance team, providing guidance and support in their daily activities.
- Manage preventative maintenance programs to ensure equipment reliability and minimize downtime.
- Maintain, repair and overhaul production and packaging equipment including, pneumatics, hydraulics, DC controls, conveyors, pumps, fillers, agitators, and motors & gearbox.
- Coordinate with production and operations to schedule maintenance activities that minimize disruptions to the workflow.
- Conduct regular inspections of machinery, equipment, and systems to identify any potential issues or areas for improvement.
- Manage the facility's inventory of spare parts and equipment, ensuring availability and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders, repairs, and maintenance history.
- Monitor and control maintenance budgets, ensuring efficient allocation of resources.
- Collaborate with external vendors and contractors for specialized repairs or services when required.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and promote a safe working environment for all maintenance staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Millwright or journeyman electrician certification.
- Strong technical knowledge and expertise in electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Progressive experience in maintenance management in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate a team.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Commitment to workplace safety and the ability to enforce safety protocols.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Employer paid benefit premiums.
- Paid time off.
- RRSP match.
- Extended health care, vision care, dental care, life insurance and disability insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person