Symphony Senior Living Orleans is currently seeking Part-time Receptionist with a caring heart. We will teach you our systems, programs, and philosophy. However, we cannot teach compassion and empathy, so you will demonstrate those to us in an interview process.
Symphony Senior Living is a leading provider of quality senior services in Canada; we provide private pay services to residents in our beautiful communities. At Symphony Senior Living, we provide care to our residents to end of life. We are the true alternative to a Long-Term Care facility – to that end we are not a medical institution; we are the home to many seniors of many levels of ability. We serve both our Seniors and their loved ones.
If you love working with seniors and you find the challenge of connecting and serving seniors with physical and memory care needs rewarding this could be the position for you! We require someone who is compassionate and driven to provide a high quality, interactive, residential environment to residents, their families, and the team.
The Receptionist is the first face any visitors will see. They will take care of front-end duties that include answering the phone, greeting family members, potential new clients, taking care of couriers that come in or need to be sent out. Maintain confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident information. Store, update and retrieve financial data. Assist Administrative Assistant with various projects. Help with resident activities. Perform clerical office duties which include filing, scheduling appointments, supply orders, booking meeting for internal and external events, maintaining equipment etc…
· Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
· Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines.
· Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
· High School degree: additional qualification as an administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
· Symphony is an equal opportunity employer
· This position is aNon-Union position
· You must pass a Vulnerable sector background check
· You must be able to work with dogs, cats and other animals
· Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
· You must be legally allowed to work in Canada
· You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
· Must be available to work every second weekend
Job Types: Casual, Part-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Orleans, ON K1C 6E8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person