The Technical Design Engineer will oversee and conduct analysis, design, and specification functions related to all products offered by the FRF including: Cranes, Hook-lifts, and manufacturing of truck decks, and auxiliary equipment. Successful candidate will have established history of effectively overseeing technical projects from conception to production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for product engineering functions related to all FRF equipment products including Cranes, Hook-lifts and manufacturing of truck decks and auxiliary equipment:
- Accumulate and maintain all technical information including manufacturing drawings.
- Design and create working drawings related to modifications and upgrades.
- Truck, crane, and deck drawings.
- Assemble stability test drawings.
- Documentation control related to manufacturing and rebuilding.
- Review and revision of drawings where applicable.
· Communicate design ideas and technical information throughout the design and fabrication process.
· Show all the detailed dimensions and specifications of parts so that it can be made with precision.
· Help define the requirements to reduce questions on design related production delays and make recommendations for correction
· Ensure tolerances, accuracy and other requirements needed for stability and testing.
- Provide Engineering support during manufacturing and equipment rebuilds.
- Be able to prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work and communicate well with other departments.
· An Engineering Degree is preferred.
· Minimum 3 years of mechanical/electrical design experience
· In-depth knowledge of specialized software, such as computer-aided design (CAD) software
· Great analytical and problem-solving skills for determining solutions when issues arise
· Ability to follow processes and policies and understand impacts of the organization
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to communicate with internal departments
· Knowledge of the design and fabrication process
· Excellent Attention to detail in design process
· Ensure a positive and professional attitude while working with peers
· Maintain standards of confidentiality
· Strong cognitive skills for analysis, design and evaluation of complex systems and technology
· Ability to identify opportunities, multi-task, and manage time effectively
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brantford, ON N3S 7V6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Have you completed your education in Engineering ?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Mechanical/Electrical Design: 3 years (required)
- CAD software: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person