Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior, and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test, and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain walls, storefronts, entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings, and more.
The Manufacturing Engineer role with us isn’t just a job - it’s an awesome job. We are hiring builders at OBE. And we want to lean into your expertise to help push us forward. We will give you what you need to do your job, and you will make an impact at our company, every single day.
This role is perfect for the professional who is passionate about making a difference in their workplace. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
The Manufacturing Engineer will establish and maintain manufacturing processes in assigned areas.
Major Areas and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include the development and implementation of manufacturing engineering and production system best practices across the Plant including but not limited to:
- Move organization towards a common systems and processes philosophy within plants and across plants.
- Create and maintain process flow diagrams, PFMEA’s, control plans and Work Instructions.
- Time studies and line balancing.
- Tool/Machine and process set-up, verification, and troubleshooting.
- Material flow and layout best practices.
- Responsible for the implementation of corrective actions and proactive quality and efficiency improvement processes.
- Lead the development (or selection) of processing best practices based on rigorous data analysis and the implementation of such processes across the organization ensuring processes are effective and efficient.
- Support the execution of new product launches, equipment installations, and other major initiatives while meeting all safety, environment, people development, quality, responsiveness, cost, and revenue targets.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments and peers within the organization in establishing best in class manufacturing engineering practices and manufacturing systems.
- Monitor production, rejection, scrap, cleanliness, safety, and proper working conditions for operators.
- Ensure produced parts meet standards set by the Quality Department.
- Promote Customers-centric approach and enforce all Safety and Environmental procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related field is required.
- Ability to operate various tools, equipment’s & machinery
- Computer literacy in MS Windows, and MS Office.
- Hands on, ethical, articulate, and driven leader who can move with urgency to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Great interpersonal skills, delivers information clearly and effectively. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience.
- Ability to win respect and influence at all levels of the organization and stakeholders and therefore have an immediate impact. Proven track record of driving major performance improvements within manufacturing environment. This includes the development and execution of standard processes, systems and part processing best practices.
- Expert understanding of process control and manufacturing systems and processes. Experience implementing such systems.
- Prior experience overseeing and leading major capital improvement projects in a plant.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- The Manufacturing Engineering reports directly to the Operations Manager and will be based at the facility. This position will work closely with all members of the leadership team to ensure best in class Safety, Quality, Responsiveness, and Efficiency.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, bend and kneel, to use hands and fingers to handle/reach tools, machines, and equipment.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, heat/humidity and loud noise in an industrial environment.
**reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job**
What OBE Offers You
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- Company RRSP matching plan
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
At OBE we strive to build a culture that embraces all employees and creates a great place to work for everyone. We do this by:
- Empowering experienced and entrepreneurial managers who have a customer-first focus at all levels.
- Building teams of demand creation specialists, technical sales, and local customer sales/support talent.
- Identifying a deep bench of talent with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets to drive robust decision-making and ensure our ability to promote from within.
- Executing formalized talent management processes that ensure all employees have the best in market skills
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.