Blumara Corp. is a company based in Halifax and established in 2016 to develop innovative solutions for the marine environment by providing a range of design, engineering, and project development services for the Commercial Marine, Naval and Renewable Energy sectors. Specializing in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, Blumara has been involved in a number of vessel design and marine energy projects. Blumara is seeking a Jr. Naval Architect to assist with our current and upcoming projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day support for ship design and analysis activities,
- Perform mechanical/structural design and drafting tasks for new build and vessel modifications,
- Assist with design calculations including finite element analysis,
- Provide general support to other Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering activities,
- Keep abreast of marine industry development, standards, regulations, and codes,
- Represent Blumara at industry events, conferences and meetings as necessary,
- Contribute to a productive work environment based on mutual trust and respect while carrying out all work in a safe and effective manner.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Naval Architecture or other relevant subject,
- Registered PEng or EIT working towards PEng status,
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Rhino (or other 3D modeling software),
- Experience in the design and analysis of ship structures and/or mechanical systems,
- Project management skills,
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills,
- Ability to work independently,
- Ability to be a team player,
- Experience in working with collaborators, contractors and consultants.
- Experience in Naval vessel design,
- Experience in working in the offshore environment,
- Experience of Classification Society Rules and Transport Canada Regulations.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain the relevant Canadian Security Clearances before commencing employment with Blumara Corp.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: In person