Robotics Engineer – Software
Provectus Robotics Solutions is looking for a skilled and motivated robotics engineer to join its ARIS control software team. The successful applicant will be required to work on all aspects of PRS' proprietary robotics control system, with a focus placed on algorithm implementation and development for perception, control, and planning.
The applicant should be comfortable in a software development setting and have experience developing software applications in C/C++. They should have knowledge of robotic ground vehicle systems and sensors, have experience researching, implementing and developing new algorithms for robotic control systems and machine learning applications, and be comfortable contributing to a small team.
- Bachelor, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a Robotics-related field
- 3+ years of experience developing embedded software in C/C++
- Experience developing at least one of motion planning, robotic control, multi-sensor fusion, multi-vehicle formation, or localization algorithms
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design principles, and design patterns
- Experience with various sensor types (Lidar, Radar, Vision, IMU, GPS ...) and knowledge of their use in autonomous systems
- Be a creative, strategic, and critical thinker with attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about robotic technology and its applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English working environment)
- Must be a Canadian Citizen
- Industry research and development experience
- Experience with real-time or multi-threaded software applications in Linux
- Experience working in a small team or start-up environment
Provectus Robotics Solutions Inc. a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Canada Inc., located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, is a global leader in autonomous systems, delivering customized unmanned ground vehicle solutions that can handle rugged terrain and harsh conditions with ease. They specialize in advanced robotic system design, integration and control. For more than a decade, they have helped a wide range of industries – from mining and forestry to security and logistics – increase worksite productivity, reduce risk, and maintain worker safety.
At Provectus Robotics Solutions, we don’t just build autonomous vehicles – we encourage autonomous employees. Immerse yourself in a work environment that values your ideas and puts you at the forefront of the innovation process.
The perks of being on our team:
- As a member of the Rheinmetall group, we have the support required to innovate quickly and explore complex projects.
- We enjoy the best of both worlds: the agility of a startup with the stability of an established company.
- We go beyond the abstract by working with real systems, collaborating with real customers, and creating a real-world impact.
- Our technology’s platform-agnostic nature means employees are exposed to a variety of industries.
- The tight-knit structure of our team facilitates an advanced level of teamwork and cooperation.
- Continue your professional development with additional training, weekly lunch-and-learns, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Do you hold Canadian Citizenship?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- C++: 3 years (preferred)
- Robotics Development: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person