Scott and Stewart Forestry Consultants is one of Nova Scotia's largest reforestation contractors. Our tree planters are the core to our company and a vital part of our approach to sustainable forest management.
We are looking for new tree planters to join our community. Our Fall Season runs from end of August until mid to late October. Planters will have the option to join other operations (if interested) once the season is finished.
- 8 Week Fall Season with possibility of early start.
- $0.09 - $0.16 per Tree Piecework ($600 - $1200 / week)
- Attendance and production bonuses through the season
- Vacation Pay Additional to Tree rate
- Paid by Direct Deposit Weekly
- Transportation provided from a central location in Antigonish, NS
- Combination of trenches, drags, and raw land
- Plant seedlings based on client specifications
- Handling seedlings for planting on worksites
- Understanding tree planting specifications and project requirements
- Work in a team environment with other motivated individuals
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift of 50 lbs
- Able to work in a team environment
Post Season Opportunities (July - December):
- Seedling Production at our tree Nursery
- Christmas Tree Operations
- Pre Commercial Thinning Operation
- Vegetation Management Work
- Fall Tree Planting (8-10 Weeks)
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you need accommodations during the season please indicate on your application and we will touch base with information.
Apply online, Through Indeed, or email a resume
Job Types: Seasonal, Full-time
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $600.00-$1,200.00 per week
Supplemental pay types:
COVID-19 precautions are in place for all operations.
- Do you require assistance finding accommodations in and around Antigonish?
- Are you able to repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 lbs?
- Do you have experience working in outdoor environments?
- Are you interested in pre season (August 14, 2023) planting projects?
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-08-28