Harmony. It’s in our name and in our values. Every decision we make, every action we take is true to our highest goals.
We’ve taken all we’ve learned over four decades in this business to create the beef industry’s most modern, state-of-the-art processing and fabrication facility. Because we are dedicated to producing superior beef, we’ve developed advanced and innovative approaches to harvest, fabrication, animal welfare and sustainability.
As a result, we deliver an unparalleled beef program that we customize to our customer's needs. Beyond that, we make sure that we deliver on our name. That’s why we’re committed to being a trusted supplier, reliable partner, a good community member, and preferred employer.
Harmony is more than our name – it’s our greatest strength.
The Water Treatment Operator is responsible for the safe and consistent monitoring and operation of Harmony Beef’s world class water treatment system to ensure high quality output of waste water.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment:
- Set DAF flow rate according to tank levels and management direction.
- Verify DAF chemical flows are in line with necessary expectations.
- Startup/Shutdown of centrifuge, set-point management during operation.
- Operate MBBR, Verify flow rates are in line with management expectations and DAF flow rates.
- Operate UF system, perform CIP procedures to maintain process needs while balancing tank levels.
- Operate RO system, perform CIP procedures to maintain process needs while ensuring permeate discharge is following permit standards.
- Startup/Shutdown of Huber, set-point management during operation.
- Verify North and South pit levels frequently while operating pit pumps accordingly.
- Maintain records
- Update logbook entries with process issues to allow management tracking of maintenance and process upsets.
- Follow-up on previous logbook entries related to maintenance, ensure operational needs are recorded and updated until completion.
- Reporting of maintenance needs to management to allow repair planning.
- Interactions with other departments:
- Coordinate tradesman working in area.
- Physically setup equipment for repair work or return to service
- Lock-out tag-out of equipment when necessary.
- Determine cause of process upsets.
- Follow-up with management to coordinate repairs in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Water Treatment Diploma/Certification
· 5 years’ experience in water treatment
· Strong understanding of water treatment technologies and practices for treatment, recycling and reuse of water in industrial setting.
· Hands-on experience with DAF operations and water treatment processes (i.e. centrifuge)
· Strong communication and customer service skills
· Commitment to safety and following all company safety policies and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rocky View, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person