Tamarack Industries, leader in mobile glycol heating systems is growing and we are looking for a Tester with diesel mechanical background who will be responsible for the inspection, assessment, verification/testing, and documentation of process and product quality of our finished products. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects.
- Perform diagnostic tests on units and equipment to identify issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance, diagnostics, and repair of units.
- Develop and follow test procedures for diagnoses.
- Create solutions to complex technical problems.
- Assist in instillation of unit or system to be test.
- Assist engineers and production department as they create, modify, and test products and processes.
- Inspect products and processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct tests and collect data.
- Assist in product design, development, and production.
- Calibrate test equipment.
- Ensure quality of manufactured products.
- Inspect products as they are finished.
- Test, measure, and analyze products.
- Ensure company is meeting the standard codes in the manufacturing process.
- Record pass/fail grade of products.
- Produce detailed reports.
- Observe dials, gauges and indicators to make sure that the unit is working properly.
- Following standard methods and techniques, inspects and tests product to ensure it meets customer and product specification, and alert production when standards are not met.
- Puts questionable product on hold, organizes re-work if necessary, and inspects returned product.
- Continual monitoring of product quality being manufactured on the production floor.
- Follows and participates in plant safe housekeeping guidelines designed to ensure a safe work environment.
- Certification with 2-6 years' experience, or its equivalent.
- Proficient in diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining diesel engines.
- Knowledge of diesel engine systems and components.
- Solid understanding of engine motors and electrical control systems for equipment
- Proven ability to diagnose and repair engine problems.
- Proven ability to use hand and power tools.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform quality work.
- Ability to work safely and carefully.
- Knowledge of basic electronics.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, e.g., ability to prepare, present and discuss project-related plans, requirements, test results, etc. in a team-based work environment.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$32.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3H 0V1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- mechanical testing: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person