The Production Manager plans, organizes and supervises production activities according to established standards (productivity, costs, safety and product quality) to minimize stoppages, foster continuous improvement and meet production deadlines. The Production Manager’s main role is to oversee the other Production Supervisors and supervise production employees and ensure compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Plan, organize and oversee production according to established standards (productivity, costs, safety and product quality) to minimize downtime and meet production deadlines
- Provide a leadership role in improving production processes by using using Lean principles to drive continuous improvement initiatives and operational excellence through planning, scheduling, and implementing continuous improvement activities on the production floor.
- Analyze the production schedule and determine the best strategy for production according to information received from the Plant Manager and Production Planner and with a focus on continuous improvement
- Working in close collaboration with Maintenance team to ensure all equipment is operating at optimum capacity
- Holding daily ROQ meetings with each production shift to ensure effective communication with the team
- Directing the production team in the execution and changes in the production schedule in order to meet production deadlines
- Determine the departmental labour needs, and ensure the necessary monitoring and follow-up
- Interview, select and onboard new employees in partnership with the Human Resources Department
- Ensure all required GMP and departmental training is completed and that employees are mentored as needed
- Evaluate and ensure employee skills development
- Ensures compliance with Health & Safety, good manufacturing practices (GMP) and HACCP policies and procedures
- Embody and display the company core values of Humility, Safety & Integrity, Responsibility, Teamwork and Autonomy