Septimatech Group Inc. was founded 30 years ago in Waterloo, Ontario. Septima is derived from the Latin word for seven, representing our seven founding employees. Septimatech, pronounced Sep-TEAM-a-tek, places the emphasis on team, which is the heart of our company. Our people champion continuous improvements for our Customers because we are passionate about innovation and delivering outstanding customer service.
Our seven guiding principles, values and beliefs are the foundation of our company (Be Committed to the Customer, Deliver Superior Quality, Act with Trust and Honesty, Do Business with Class and Dignity, Cooperate and Share Responsibility, Communicate Openly with Others, Take Leadership and Share the Excitement of Being Part of Septimatech).
Septimatech delivers productivity improvements for packaging lines and machines worldwide. We manufacture innovative, precision engineered solutions that provide repeatable, accurate adjustment for intuitive setup, operations, and maintenance.
Septimatech has had experiences of working with more than 300 types of packaging machines in personal care, home and fabric care, beverage, pharmaceutical and chemical industries. We are experts in overcoming challenges that threaten up-time, throughput, product handling and overall line performance.
Under the direction of the Manufacturing and Maintenance Supervisor, the Machinist will ensure high quality work, while meeting delivery requirements. Should have the flexibility to work extra hours during the week and weekends to meet customer deadlines & short turnaround orders.
- Work in compliance with the company’s Health & Safety policies and procedures, the OHSA and Regulations and any relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Studies blueprints, drawings, sketches, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills and lathes.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut.
- Establishes and develops standardized operating procedures for conventional machines. (efficiencies, etc.)
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required
- Ensures that all parts produced meet the quality required by the drawings and specifications supplied
- Produces all required parts to meet the established production schedules.
- Confers with the designers, production personnel, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Designs and manufacturers fixtures from time to time
- Observes the maintenance schedule as required and maintains clean work area
- Confers with Manufacturing and Maintenance Supervisor or Assembly Team Leader to ensure production schedules are met.
- Takes responsibility to follow our Manufacturing Quality Procedure
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 3rd year apprenticeship, working towards acquiring a RED Seal Machinist Certificate.
- Set -up and operate a CNC. Programming a CNC is an asset. If not, must be willing to learn.
- Solidworks , Camworks , and Mastercam experience required or willing to learn.
- Must be able to manufacture parts on conventional mills or lathes.
- Must be able to read standard vernier calipers and micrometers in both Imperial and Metric systems.
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Employee is occasionally required to lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
- Experience machining Stainless steel, Titanium, UHMW
- Good work Ethic and attitude
- Agility to multi-task
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent attendance
We offer competitive pay rates and benefits packages. Join our team of skilled machinists and contribute to our commitment to quality and efficiency in manufacturing. Apply now!
Job Types: Permanent, Apprenticeship, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$31.00 per hour
- Company events
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterloo, ON N2V 1K5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you 2 years experience in reading and Interpreting engineering drawings?
- Do you have 2 years experience using Solidworks?
- Do you have 2 years experience using Camworks?
- Do you have 2 years experience using Mastercam?
- Do you have 2 years experience manufacturing parts on conventional mills and lathes?
- Do you have good verbal and written english skills?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- machinist: 1 year (preferred)
- RED Seal Machinist Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person